1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD buying advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jonbd, Sep 1, 2005.

1. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well, my Techwood plasma got killed by a lightning storm last night, so i'm looking at getting a replacement! Been looking at some plasmas, but wondered what LCD screens are like these days? I'm looking for something 37"+ under £2000, with dvi for my PC, hdmi for skyhd and either component or vga for the xbox360 i've got on preorder. Can anyone offer me advice on whether there is anything out there suitable?

cheers

jon

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    I'm not sure about a TV that size that has both HDMI and DVI (usually one or the other) however you might want to think about spending £50 on a good quality belkin surge protector. ;)

Lifetime warranty with unlimited free replacements, filters sky/cable style coax as well as rf, no limit to the value of connected devices insured.

Link

3. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    haha yeah, i did have a surge protector, but the screen was the only thing not plugged into it, sods law! I won't be making that mistake again! I guess i don't need both dvi and hdmi, just thinking about skyHD and compatibility really, but the first gen boxes are meant to come with component I think so could get away with that

4. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    bump

5. gareth78

gareth78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am waiting for the Toshiba 37WLT58 available for about £1700. This has 2 x HDMI and component so nicely setup for the 360 :) there is a review of this floating about from a German mag which seems to rate it quite highly, should be available sometime in September.

6. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    oooh that sounds good cheers!! Also been reading about the viewpia 42" lcd from greendragon, so i've got a couple to get me started!

7. Caroche

Caroche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Viewpia 42" from cleardragon.com few weeks back. Was worried as price looked too good to be true, but did plenty of research and was good to know built in same factory as Philips/LG and 3 year warranty. It has been great since I got it and brill with DVDs.

It has component and DVI inputs. Roll on HDTV !

8. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    sounds good! Any chance of putting a couple of pics of it up?