LCD bleed at screen edges

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by gp2229, Dec 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gp2229

gp2229

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have already had three different LG 30" screens and 2 of the 3 had a noticable leakage of light into the screen such that for dark scenes the edges and corner is made to look lighter. Before I return for a replacement I wondered if this is an inherent "feature" or weakness with LCD panels?

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on any other 30-32" screens that they could share. Would I be better going for plasma? I like the idea of the PC type resolutions and compatibility of the LCDs but not if I have to compromise on PQ. I also appear to have an audio/video time lag problem even using the speakers that came with the screen with the source routing via the scart on the screen.

Any comments/recommendations appreciated....

Graham

2. johnduncan

johnduncan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had an LG 17" which was awful in this respect, so we sent it back and replaced it with a 23" philips which is not much better. Suspect it's an inherent trait.

3. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here with a Thomson 27" although you could only see it in 4:3 mode

4. Ice

Ice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an LG 15" (RZ-15LA31), and have experienced the problem right from the start. Not sure whether this was rectified on the newer 15LA32 model.

Does anyone know whether LCD light bleed gets any worse over time?

Cheers.
    Ice :cool: