LCD and Windows Media Center

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by singaporta, Mar 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. singaporta

singaporta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody

I'm newbie on this forum. Thanks to your posts I've decided to buy a GD1. Now I'm thinking to buy a WMC can anyone give me some information regarding the best configuration regarding video card, processor etc.
    Thank you

2. Derek22

Derek22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi

if you go to the entertainment PCs and computer hardware forum on this site you will have a good starting point. There is a thread about HTPCs of which MCE is one route along with recommended hardware and links, link below.

from the microsoft site there are links to a couple of forums like the BIgGreenButton which I would recommend.

be warned its not a striaghtforward route building your own as you will need to consider noise of the unit and you need good quality powerfull power supply along with a highend processor which generate copious ammounts of heat which normally equals noisey fans. May be an idea to consider going the Small form Factor route, like shuttle, Iwill etc for a barebone system.

I am using MCE but havent installed tuner etc yet, I have found it worthwhile for online stuff, picture archive, dvd playback and messnger all in one interface and screen, so still early days for me. Also its agood way of getting XP pro.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23452

3. singaporta

singaporta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the advice I will post it there.
    I think the system is a good compromise if you need Hdd recording, DVD recording, DVI connector, internet etc.