LCD and Pixel faults

Paba

Standard Member
:hiya: Have just registered with AV Forums and this is first time ever posting a thread on a forum. Will be interested to see some feedback. Anyway I'm currently thinking of purchasing a Sony LCD and am worried about the prospect of dead pixels. Is this a concern and should I wait for another few months as technology evolves or should I go right ahead? Paba

Uridium

I bought a Philips LCD purely because their higher end LCD's have a pixel perfect guarantee, even one dead pixel within 3 yrs and it's replaced :smashin:

Don't know if any Sony's have the same but maybe worth a thought

Paba

Standard Member
Thanks for moving thread to appropriate spot - couldn't figure out how to do it. Will take a look at Phillips LCD's too.

Paba

Standard Member
:clap:

Happy man - based on guidance from various threads decided to opt for Phillips 37PF3810 and took possession two days ago. Absolutely delighted - made for a great treat watching the Irish horses romp home at Cheltenham today. Never got such pleasure from a race meeting on the screen before.

Decided to make the move now for a few reasons - could have waited for the new Phillips model later in the year but my reckoning was that at this stage Phillips have probably ironed out any problems in this model and while the price is moving down, I got a good deal while the new models will probably be dearer. It's been so easy to set up and I've also inputted the firmware upgrade so all things going well.

At present I'm using the motorised stand but want to put it on the wall. Problem is that I have a concrete block wall sheeted with plasterboard with a gap in between. Have seen some discussion on how to secure the Phillips mounting bracket to such a wall but no firm conclusion. Any thoughts?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom