1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Advise

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by big ears, Jun 1, 2005.

1. big ears

big ears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be very much appreciated if somebody could please give me some help on upgrading my television to an LCD.

I have done quite alot of research through the internet and various magazine publications but I am still confused as to what model would be best value for money.

I am looking to upgrade my television in my bedroom.

The models I have narrowed the search down to are Philips and Panasonic. Philips Models being 17PF9946, 26PF9946 and the Panasonic Models being TX17LX2, TX23LXD50. All my other electrical applications are Panasonic but I feel that the Philips models other more value for money.

These are the models that I have decided on but I would like to know if you could suggest any as I will look into these.

I would appreciate any help anybody could give me as I wish to purchase an LCD very soon.

Many thanks for your help and I await your responses with interest.

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I am not going to suggest a particular make or model as I believe seeing for yourself is the only way to decide, but one thing to watch is the quality of the input. Bedrooms are often off a RF spur and/or may not be as good quality as the main living aerial. If this is the case, either get a local STB (Freeview etc)/iDTV or pay particular attention on how the set handles a poor quality signal.

-Ian