1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wschofield, Jul 19, 2004.

1. wschofield

wschofield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :hiya: Hi guys just signed up for the forums and i am after some advice on purchasing a LCD Screen.

Have Decided to choose from the Philips 9975 and the Panasonic TX32LXD1

Does anyone have any experience of either of these and advice on which is the better choice.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

2. frank19

frank19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same question but in relation to the Samsung LW32A33WX but the only place I can find that sells it in the UK is Currys - price isn't toooo bad at £2499 but would prefer a bit of competition for my hard earned.

Also, there seems to be a lack of info on this telly - the thread below is the only info I have found so far - no mag reviews etc. http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=82

Am also interested in the Sharp Designers edition that is shown on Sharps website but TBH am less interested in that because 1) can't see it for myself (don't even know if it released yet) and 2) the very name makes me suspicious!!

Can anyone provide any info on either of these two LCDs too, in addition to the Phillips and Panny of wschofield?

Cheers

Frank19

3. zoom

zoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Frank,
    The Sharp designer range is on show in Selfridges in Oxford street (the one with the wood or leather frame)

4. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    and its only £9k in Selfridges. Of course, you get to choose which colour leather you want...

5. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or £8.5K in J Lewis Bluewater...

Have you thought about the Philips 9986 if you can wait for a relaunch? £2.2K on the net, £3K in Comet.

Still trying to decide myself, 9986 or Loewe Xelos :confused: but at least I have time to decide as Philips recalled, and Xelos a bit hard to come by :mad:

Cheers Mash

6. frank19

frank19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - may not be going for the designers edition then - ouch!!!

Funny you posted today - yesterday evening I sent off e-mails to both Sevenoaks Sound and Vision and Sharp asking them for prices etc. Sevenoaks replied today saying they have it on offer for £7200 and Sharp replied today saying John Lewis in Newcastle had just taken delivery and from today were reducing their price from £8999 to £5999. Even with a 50% reduction I just about had a heart attack when I read these e-mails!!

Who wants designer anyway - it'd probably look good for about 10mins and then it'll go out of fashion - lol!

Frank19