LCD advice for those stuck with analogue feed

B

Big E

Hi - I wondered if anyone can help me?

I'm looking to buy a 32" or 37" flatscreen tv (LCD or Plasma). I have a subscription to NTL and can only get analogue cable feed. NTL refuse to upgrade the part of London I live in. Additionally, I have no external aerial so freeview is out of the question.

I've decided that until I move house and get true digital tv feed, there's no point in buying a expensive panel. I have also crossed Homechoice off my list of options. Can anyone recommend a 32" or 37" tv that wouldnt look too bad with my NTL analogue input. I'd like to spend less than £1200 if poss.

All advice welcomed! Thanks....
:thumbsup:

Can you not get Sky or Freeview?

As far as the feedback I've seen on this forum the Sharp range is the best for SD TV and I have seen these running simulated HD and it was VERY impressive and as good as the big brand HD sets next to it,so still slightly future proof.
You can get freeview through sky for a one off fee of about £100 or spend roughly the same and get an aerial fitted.
Not sure why your cable can't upgrade to digital as they use the exact same cable???
If running off a comunial aerial have you tried for freeview.

Tom

I live in a development with no communal aerial and in which you cannot put up a satellite so I cant get Freeview or Sky. NTL refuse to upgrade my postcode (SE4) - I think it's an old Cabletron area and they dont want to spend the money. They told me they had been refused permission to dig up the roads but I spoke to the council and NTL have never even requested permission.

Not overly bothered about buying a non HD ready TV and upgrading when I move (1-2 years). I'll have a look at the Sharp - what does SDTV stand for?

Hi

Search this forum for sharp 32p50e and read reports. These can be bought for silly money now.

Big E said:
Hi - I wondered if anyone can help me?

I'm looking to buy a 32" or 37" flatscreen tv (LCD or Plasma). I have a subscription to NTL and can only get analogue cable feed. NTL refuse to upgrade the part of London I live in. Additionally, I have no external aerial so freeview is out of the question.

I've decided that until I move house and get true digital tv feed, there's no point in buying a expensive panel. I have also crossed Homechoice off my list of options. Can anyone recommend a 32" or 37" tv that wouldnt look too bad with my NTL analogue input. I'd like to spend less than £1200 if poss.

All advice welcomed! Thanks....
:thumbsup:

I have the Sharp LC-32P50 and got it when they first came out. Can't fault it on SD my farther in law got a Sony and the SD TV on that is no where near as good. I did see the LC-37P50 in JL Solihull for about £900 as clearance stock if that's any help

don't bother with LCD for SD analogue or digital, a £200 CRT will look far superior to a £2000 + LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom