LCD Above a Radiator!!!!

B

Bonnie_120580

I want to get a 37" LCD TV. Problem is only place it can go in the room is above a radiator, will this be a problem?

I remeber something at school about liquid crystals being affected by heat but could be getting myself confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta

B

Bonnie_120580

Cheers guys.

The shelf is going to have to be a fairly hard sell to the missus but worth a shot (she thinks the room doesn't need a telly in it full stop.)

I have a space of 110cm above the radiator, I want a 32/37" screen, so i suppose I have about 40cm between the radiator and base.

Do you reckon this will be enough?

avinitski

personally i would be paranoid about the heat if there was no shelf to deflect the heat but i am by no means an expert in this matter.

B

Bonnie_120580

Not sure if it worth the risk. May have to re-evaluate.

Also I think having above a radiator would mean it was too high.

gasteropod

I wouldn't advise it, because it would make your LCD overheat. You're not supposed to leave them in direct sunlight, so above a radiator is a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

avinitski

just buy the biggest TV possible and tell your missus you cant have the heating on, problem solved :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom