1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LC37GD1e - scanner needed?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by bitofatit, May 14, 2005.

1. bitofatit

bitofatit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi i'm bitofatit - newbie and no nothing - I've been checking the forum for quite a while - so much info, so much I'd don't know. I'm intrigued and want to learn. Anyway I have ordered (due next week) a new telly - LC37gd1e, v excited....anyway, just read a review and all very +tive except in one review it says something about I might now need a video scanner!! i-scan should do the job?
    Will I need one - think they cost about £600 - do i need one, what the heck does it do!? would it really make a difference?. My current set up is I get all of my signal via SKY+ as the outside ariel never worked and fell off the roof!

Really appreciate a link if any one has one in complete laymans terms which will tell me how to hook up my sky+ and sony dvd home cinema. Not sure whether my scart, rgb cables of whatever go through which hole in which box etc - honestly this is no joke i know nowt!!
    Beat regards and treat me with patience (and sympathy)

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi,
    I have the 37GA4E and have SKY+connected via a good quality scart to a RGB scart input and the DVD player connected to the component input. The audio from the SKY+is connected to the amp via an optical cable. Which home cinema model do you have? Does it take optical input and does it have component or just scart?
    Cheers
    Jim

3. bitofatit

bitofatit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Thx jimg, really sorry about this but i an a bitofatit,
    I think I have a sony dav 300 - it does have an optical lead (somewhere) therefore connect sky+ audio through my sony and my sony into my telly?!!!! When u say amp do you mean the sony box? - I told u I know nothing!
    Do u think I need a scart to an rgb? (the rgb being the three things on the end as opposed to the scarty thing!! - you say you have a good quality one - what type?

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you link your SKY+ box to the optical input on your DAV300 with the optical cable then you need to go into the setup of your SKY+ box and in the audio choose DD and your sound will improve dramatically!
    The cable with 3 things on each end sounds like a component cable and that is what you will need to connect from the DAV300 to the new telly.
    You will need a scart from the SKY+ box to go to the new telly, make sure you have selected RGB in the SKY+ setup.

5. bitofatit

bitofatit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Thx again, all I need now is the new telly, have located the optical cable link - top advice
    Regards
    Isky