1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LC16M Owners...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dejongj, Oct 18, 2005.

1. dejongj

Distinguished Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Beautiful South
    I am about to build my HTPC based around MCE and my first choice would be the Silverstone LC-16M in black (the new silver...). Before I go ahead an purchase I have a couple of questions and hope someone on here can help me....

1. How many motherboard headers are exactly required to wire up all the front buttons, VFD and the front mounted USB and Firewire ports? I looked at the documentation and can't figure it out....
    1a. Do you have a recommendation for a MB? I am leaning towards an AMD X2 3800 processor, but are still open for Intel suggestions...
    2. Do any of the front buttons actually work within MCE? Or only with some other software....
    3. Has anyone been successful in modding the MCE remote control on this case, or is the supplied remote fine in usage?
    4. What would be the alternative to this case considering it can't take anything bigger than a 6600GT due to the CD-ROM positioning? I have a maximum of 180mm in height available and really want a full size ATX motherboard for expansion and discs, I like the 6 internal disc option ;-)

Anything else I should be aware of with this case?