LC10 and 8800gts - Will it fit? (and other little Q's)

JasonCousins

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on my first HTPC build in the next couple of weeks. However I'm struggling to find the information I need!

My basic plan is to strip out my current pc and turn it into a HTPC, whilst buying myself some new bits for a new gaming pc.
The HTPC will need to recieve and record Freeview. Play DVD's, HDDVD and BluRay. It will also need to feed my girlfriends light gaming habits. As long as it can run the new sims when its out I'll be fine!

Provisionally I'm looking at getting a Silverstone LC10B-E case. Inside it i'll put in my Asus P5B Motherboard, e6300 C2D (which i'll be buying a scythe Ninja mini to put on), and XFX 8800gts, with 2gb of ram (may up this to 4gb). I'll need to pick up a tuner card, as well as a drive and a new PSU.

Will this fit into the LC10? I've been trawling the net trying to find out, but I can't find anyone claiming to have put a 8800gts inside one. Are there any other cases I may have overlooked that it will fit in nicely?
Size and shape doesn't matter too much, but ideally i'd like it to be black, and cost less than £80. This restricts me somewhat, and I think the silverstone may be my best option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom