LC C1 65" a bit disappointed

nick9one1

I've just setup a new LG C1 65" to replace a Samsung 55" LED MU6400 from 2017.

I'm a bit disappointed. I thought it would blow the Samsung out the water. The picture looks a bit better, but nothing special.
The LG OS is also awful. its a bit laggy at times. feels a mess, and the remote pointer thing is awkward.

Just sold the Samsung for £250. The LG certainly isn't worth £1000+ more (in my opinion)

Am I missing something? Are there some magical picture settings I need to configure?

nick9one1

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed a similar guide and have done that :)

I think I was a little harsh in my original post.
In hindsight, the day the TV arrived was very sunny, and it didn't look good.
Later that evening it did look look a lot nicer and I could appreciate the contrast and deep blacks.

Since then, I have noticed content in HDR10 or Dolby Vision looks really nice.
Older shows look pretty terrible.

20220423_002553.jpg

Birdbox is in Dolby vision - perfect blacks. The letterbox bars are invisible

20220423_002841.jpg20220423_002847.jpg
The Hobbit is 4k, no HDR or vision.
the background looks terribly washed out. But what's strange is when I bring up the menu, the same scene in the search bar seems perfectly black?

Last edited:

b1g1an

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed a similar guide and have done that :)

I think I was a little harsh in my original post.
In hindsight, the day the TV arrived was very sunny, and it didn't look good.
Later that evening it did look look a lot nicer and I could appreciate the contrast and deep blacks.

Since then, I have noticed content in HDR10 or Dolby Vision looks really nice.
Older shows look pretty terrible.

View attachment 1687426

Birdbox is in Dolby vision - perfect blacks. The letterbox bars are invisible

View attachment 1687428View attachment 1687427
The Hobbit is 4k, no HDR or vision.
the background looks terribly washed out. But what's strange is when I bring up the menu, the same scene in the search bar seems perfectly black?

You've gone very wrong with your SDR settings somewhere, the small images in the preview show the picture without any processing. They'd usually look brighter with overly vivid colours like the TV is out of the box.

isf bright or isf dark usually works best as a starting point with SDR and you'll likely want to turn the brightness down to 60 or below. Your image looks like you've killed the contrast.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom