1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LC-37GA4E and DigiSender

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by garsmi, Feb 3, 2005.

1. garsmi

garsmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Tonight I tried the DigiSender from my Sky + box to the LCD and got the shock of my life. The picture is just unwatchable, shaking, horizontal lines and moving vertical lines !!

The DigiSender is about 3 years old and has a very dodgy Scart lead which is fixed to the unit... This will not help but I think the main problem is sending the picture through the airwaves.

Can this plug into any of the Scart sockets on the LCD? I tried changing the setup which did improve but sadly still unwatchable

Has anyone else tried running Sky through a DigiSender to an LCD? I'm wondering if the new DigiSenders are any better or if there is another solution. I want to be able to use the remote control from the other room. Are there any devices that will boost or improve the picture? Will running cable be any better?

:lease:

Many thanks

Gareth

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have exactly the same screen and have fantastic picture quality from SKY+. I thought the digisender was merely a remote control repeater, what connection do you have to the SKY+ box? If you are using the RF2 output you will get a poor picture as that is a composite signal.

3. garsmi

garsmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jimg, when I plug the Sky+ box into the LCD I get a great picture through the supplied Scart cable. However, the DigiSender is sending the picture from Sky+ to the LCD in another room... this is where it gets ugly!

The DigiSenders are pretty old so I am going to try the new models from Argos... Looks like these come with Scart and RCA/Phono connections. Which one of these should give me the best picture?

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Gareth,

Are you sending the signal from the transmitter to the receiver then onto the Sharp LCD ? If so, the signal the tv is receiving is Composite. RF frequencies only have the bandwidth to send composite signals, RGB is too much for it. So all digisenders send a composite signal.

That means, unfortunately with the Sharps picture quality on Composite, it will be a bad picture. Is there any way of cabling a Scart from the Sky box ?

Richie.

5. garsmi

garsmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct. Here's the setup to clarify.

Sky+ -> DigiSender with Scart -> DigiSender Receiver -> LCD with Scart.

I thought about cabling Scart but there's just too many obsticals!! I will see what the new DigiSenders are like, if they are no better I will simply return them bite the bullet and order Sky Multiroom.

Thanks

6. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    As Richie says it will never work properly with a transmitter, I have SKY+ with the 37GA4E in the lounge and the old SKY box in the bedroom on another smaller LCD. It is worth the £10 a month to get a decent picture. What have you got connected directly to the box then?

7. garsmi

garsmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sky+ box is connected to my 28" Sony CRT in the lounge. The LCD is in the family room. Giving Sky a call as we speak. Cheers!

8. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can get 10m Scart cables you know !

:D

Richie.