1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layoyo.com reliabilty.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by videonasty, Jun 10, 2004.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Last week I pre-ordered the 2xDVD John Woo collection from Layoyo & a week has gone by & I haven't received any sort of confirmation email from them?:mad: Now I could be wrong but every DVD I have ever ordered, minutes later I have received a confirmation of my order, detailing the DVD & address..etc... Also Layoyo will not answer my emails? Has anyone else experienced this & should I receive a confirmation & shipping confirmation email? :confused:

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi videonasty

Only used them once. But I did get the usual email confirmation for my order received. Have you looked at your order/account status?

As for my order, they cancelled it after 10 days as they did not allow pending orders to remain on the system and due to the change in exchange rates, the refund was higher than the original amount charged.

Paul

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I have ordered the best part of 100+ (20ish seperate orders)dvd's from Layoyo in the last couple of months without any issues. The DVD you ordered were on pre order and aren't released until the 16th June. When you place an order you get the original confirmation that the order has gone through OK but nothing else via email. If you want to know the status of your order all you need to do is log into your account to view the status. I have not had to use their CS as I've not had any issues with any of my orders as I have generally received them 3-5 days after being shipped (date appears on the order status when shipped). I have never been hit with customs charges too which is another added bonus:)
    You can find if all the items are available bar one then they will cancel that line (giving you a full refund on the dvd & shipping) so they can ship you the order without delay. This means you have to reorder it should you wish.

5. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've just checked my order status & in the top bar by the order info it says "Problem" What does this usually mean?

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I've never had a problem so I'm not really sure :confused:

I'd look at your account details to make sure they are correct and that you have your email address correctly shown. Did your payment go through ok?
    If you've had no joy emailing them why not give them a call.

7. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They emailed me today saying that they couldn't get through to my email address??? :confused: I replied asking them how this could be, I also sent them my order No & username & asked them what is going on. I still haven't received anything, so I await a response?

I checked what "problem" means & it seems that there is an error in the order? When I ordered the DVD I had no problems with it then, again I await a response! :mad: :confused: :suicide:

8. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Hope yu get it sorted soon as I've had nothing but good service :smashin:
    Mind you it's only when things go wrong that you have to test their system but I've never had too yet (fingers crossed).

9. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The order I placed was not a 'pre-release' just the item was 'on order' (3-5 days). However, it did state (in their T&C's) that they would not keep orders open for items they could not obtain within 10 days after the order was placed. So 10 days after I'd placed the order and they hadn't got the stock in, they cancelled and refunded the money to my card account. As the exchange rate had changed ($ to £) after conversion I had more money credited to my account than originally charged. Please be aware that you should stipulate on your account profile how refunds are handled - refunded to your card or held in your Layoyo account. This was certainly the case when I was dealing with them.

Paul