Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Laying cables under wooden floor/skirting board?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by SilverPenguin7, May 27, 2004.

1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Posted in cable forum as well but just realised its probably better in here! doh!!

I am soon to be re-laying wooden floor and putting new skirting in my living room. Whilst I am doing this I thought it would be the perfect time to hide away some speaker cables.

I basically need to run cables to the back of the room and to the front left and right speakers. What I need to knnow is the following:

1) Would flat cables be best or could I use normal cables and just lay them between the underlay so as not to cause lumps in the floor?

2) Where can I purchase speaker terminals, as you would find on the back of speakers build in to plastic squares, that I can attach to the skirting board so that I can plug the speaker cables in to these? Bi-wired ones would be preferable.

Any otehr little tips would be welcome :)

2. galthop

galthop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
  3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21