Layer change on tosh 100 & pio 535?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chris, Mar 2, 2001.

1. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thinking of buying a new player..either tosh 100 or pioneer 535....but i want to know about layer change time....has anyone tryed both these players....i used to have a proline 1000 and didernt notice any layer change on that....now have pioneer 626 and sammy 709...i only started noticeing the change when i brought the 626....is the 535 the same....the sammy 709 is good at layer change..makes the 626 look like crap....but the picture is better than the sammy.....what i need is the functions of the sammy, the layer change of the proline and the picture of the pioneer....do the tosh 100 or pio 535 fit any of these descriptions?

2. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 535.
    It's pretty slow when changing the layers.
    But it depends mostly on the DVD.
    Some of them change in the middle of the scene and it seems to take a long time. Others change during 'scene changes' and than it odesn't seem to take all that long.

I have no experience with the Sd100.
    But beware than the Tosh is not RCE proof.

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a Pioneer 626D and a Toshiba 100E, the Toshiba is about 50% better than the Pioneer for the layer changes. The Toshiba also has better picture and sound. Techtronics now have a solution for the 100E and 200E for RCE, which makes it a fantasitc player.

4. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I have a Tosh 100 and must say that the layer change to quite noticable and a bit annoying at times. Slower than my old Samsung 807. The picture from the Tosh is absolutely superb though, and more than makes up for it's deficiencies (not many gadgets, fiddly remote, slowish layer change).

The Toshiba 100 is now discontinued and the new range of players is due to be released in April.

5. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for replys people......
    maybe i will have to stick with what i got for the moment......give it about a year and then see what they are like then....altough the new sony CX860 has just caught my eye...wonder what that is like for the change??....i wonder if the TAG 32 suffers from layer change?? That would p**s me right off if i'd just spent that sort of money and still get a pause half way through a film...maybe if a TAG owner reads this, they might like to comment...!!!

6. Panavision

Panavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a TOSH 100, I seriously recommend it, terrific picture for the price.
    Tosh will play RCE discs via handset hack, you won't see the menus, but you can play the film and extras.
    The layer change is hardly noticeable, depends on the discs, though.