layer change on sony dvd players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuewoz1, Nov 9, 2003.

1. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know the sony 730 with prog scan has a long pause of 1 sec between layers and so was looking at the 930 ,
    does this also have a big pause? or does paying the extra make the gap shorter?

2. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, the layer pause is exactly the same, even on the £900 ES999 model, shocking.

3. Quatermass

Quatermass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a Sony 730 for three weeks now and have yet to experience the "long pause" between layers. Actually quicker on layer changes than my old Tosh 220! IMO unless you want SACD the 930 is not worth the extra £ over the 730.

4. Brookes2002

Brookes2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Apoligies if this seems a stupid question, but I am new to this game. I am considering buying the Sony 930 but am now unsure as to the comments above. What exactly is layer change and the delay problem? I was going to purchase the player and connect it up to a KE32TS2.

Dan.

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Most players pause for a fraction of a second half way through the film with dual layer discs while the dvd player switches to the second layer. it is not a fault, it's just the way it is with some players. There are much more annoying issues with some non Sony players than the layer change in my opinion. I'm sure you'll be most happy with the 930 and your screen.

6. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I feel for you. How you must suffer during your one second of hell.