Layer change/2mb buffer

killer10971

i have the denon 1910 which has a 2mb buffer which i thought would help with the layer change , which in my experience so far has made no difference at all

is it down to the discs ie the studio not putting the change in a non obvious place or is 2mb just not enough for the amount of audio and video info

or is there something wrong with my player??

many thanks all

L

Loewe

I am disappointed too. I notice a two second pause in the middle of some films. Guess it's the layer-change. Maybe the player is so slow to change that even a 2mb buffer isn't enough. And maybe most players has a buffer?

killer10971

i have had dvd players since the tosh 2109b and didnt think these players had a buffer, but i would say that the layer change on the 1910 is the same duration as these old players

anyone else??

Loewe said:
I am disappointed too. I notice a two second pause in the middle of some films. Guess it's the layer-change. Maybe the player is so slow to change that even a 2mb buffer isn't enough. And maybe most players has a buffer?

KoThreads

For what it's worth.

Wharfedale 750 - slight, less than a second
Minato g1 - same as 750
Toshibas 220e - nothing, never noticed the change
Toshiba 340e - only tried a few DVD's before it went back, but nothing

The best was the 220e. Don't know if it had a buffer, or what size if it did.

I've had 4 DVD drives in PC's and although you would think the PC would handle it my first, a Ricoh 9060a had a 2 mb buffer and was dreadfull. The rest Optorite (8 MB) LG (2 MB) and NEC (2 MB) were instant.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom