Laurel & Hardy £1.97 each at amazon

paulefox

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The Laurel and Hardy collection is available for £1.97 each at Amazon.co.uk. The only one out of the series of 20 which isn't is number 6 which is full price for some reason.

And vol. 16 (Maritime Adventures) is still £5.98 too...have just picked up ten assorted vols, be rude not to at two quid each! :clap:

Can you both pls recommend a few of the better ones to get?

I did used to watch and love them when I was a kid and I'd love to sit my daughter down to watch a few - I showed her the piano one and she liked that.

I spent a good hour checking the content listings for each dvd, as I wanted to choose titles with the best recognised classic b&w HR talkie 'shorts', plus a few of their better features...these are the 10 that I finally ordered - vols 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 13, 14, 18, 20 - it's all down to personal choice in the end tho' ;)

Thanks to the original poster. I thought I got a bargain recently at play.com when they were £2.99 each ( I bought 5). :thumbsup: However £1.97 is a fantastic price! :thumbsup:

Number 16 is £3 in-store in HMV if anyone missed that one via Amazon...

Have 19 now just need to get down to HMV for Vol 16 thanks IndianaBlues :thumbsup: and will have all 20

I ordered number 6 yesterday to complete my set.
They have started arriving in individual wrapping. About five came through the door yesterday

Play.com is doing most of the range for £2.99.............still looking for dvd No:21 in the collection.

Thanks to the OP (yet again!) for sharing this 'find' with us. :thumbsup:
I've wanted these for ages and have ordered 18.
Shame nos 8 and 16 are more money at the moment - but I'll keep my eye on them in case the prices change.

Cheers,
Simon.

Anyone trying to get hold of the elusive vol. 16 (Maritime Adventures) try Somerfield - just picked it up there for £2.99!

Maritime Adventures (16) currently at Sendit.com for £3.89 post free.

Maritime Adventures (16) currently at Sendit.com for £3.89 post free.

I ordered this about 4 weeks ago from Sendit showed in stock when ordered but got an E-Mail 2 days later to say it was temporarily out of stock have just checked my order and it still say out of stock if anyone orders it and gets delivery confirmation post here to let me know.

Got this E-Mail From Sendit

I'm afraid we have some bad news for you! The item:
Laurel and Hardy Classic Shorts: Volume 16 - Maritime Adventures (DVD)

which you ordered from us at sendit.com, is apparently no longer
available. Unfortunately many titles drift slowly out of print
or are never released at all - without ever being officially deleted,
and, until we try to order it for someone, we have no way of knowing
that there aren't any more copies available. We have double-checked the
availability of this title and unfortunately have not been able to
source it anywhere. We've since updated our information to reflect this.

I'm sure they will re-release these titles, they always do especially universal.

I got all mine in time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom