Quantcast

Laurel and Hardy, whats the name of this short?

djh18558

Standard Member
Can anyone remember? I'm at a loss as to whats the title of this Laurel and Hardy short.

Ive just bought the ultimate dvd collection but cant locate this particular one as i want to jump in and watch it now.

They find a wallet in a snowy street, and a policeman saves them from thugs who see them counting the money. They offer to buy him a slap up meal and it turns out the wallet is the policemans. The officer pays for his meal and leaves with his wallet. They cant pay and are beaten up before being thrown out into the snow, only one of them ( I think it was Stan) is dumped into a barrel of frozen water.

Thanks in advance (coz I know someone out there will know it!!!)

Dave

Garrett

They find a wallet in a snowy street, and a policeman saves them from thugs who see them counting the money. They offer to buy him a slap up meal and it turns out the wallet is the policemans. The officer pays for his meal and leaves with his wallet. They cant pay and are beaten up before being thrown out into the snow, only one of them ( I think it was Stan) is dumped into a barrel of frozen water.
Oh my I love this short... the way Stan looks when he's going through the numerous compartments in the wallet and not finding any cash... searching and searching... then going back a few to see if he missed anything :rotfl:

This one and Music Box ???( taking the piano up the steps )... doesn't get any better :smashin:

KH

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Busy Bodies, Towed in the Hole & Brats are superb.

Last edited:
I have this box set... I was a bit disappointed by the quality, using sepia (sort of greeny yellow) instead of black/ White isn't good IMO.