1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laurel and Hardy box set

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jasonb, Apr 24, 2004.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Being a big Laurel and Hardy fan I am looking to purchase the complete 21 dvd boxset (R2) upon its release. However I already have around 15 L&H vhs videos which will be updated by the dvds.

My question is does anyone know of any local (West Midlands) shops where I could sell these videos or part exchange them towards the dvd set. I would much prefer to sell them to a shop rather than mess around with something like Ebay since I have never sold anything over the net before.

Cheers,

Jason

2. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Just give them to a charity shop, or throw them away. VHS releases like this have absolutely no value once the DVDs come out.

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    The 'trick' is to auction stuff off the moment you hear about a potential DVD release, certainly before the DVD hits the streets. Either that or get yourself a DVD recorder and 'archive' rare vhs tapes. I recently sold 'The Power and the Glory', 'The Tom Baker Years', Shada, The Daemons and Terror of the Autons tapes on ebay - all made between £15 and £25.