Launcher Pro...?

LeeDicko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else use this?

I have been using it for a fair while on my HTC Desire and love it, but just lately all I got is constant freezes and crashes with it. It's annoying the heck out of me!

It freezes my phone up every 10 minutes, anyone else having problems?

Try go launcher! much better and alot more functionality and easier to use

The best I've used is SPB 3D shell. It costs but is far and away the best looking home replacement i've seen and it has the best functionality. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. I've currently got 9 home screens, It will do it do up to 12

G

Thanks very much for the advice guys, I will check them both out :)

This one is slowing my phone down to a crawl, so definitely want to give something else a try.

I've been using launcher Pro now for a couple of months with no issues. Xperia X8 which isn't the most powerful of phones. May give these others a try too though.

The problem that all home replacements suffer from is slow down. In my experience of LP this is caused by too many widgets. Try removing a few, reboot and see how it runs after that. I think the difference with SPB 3D shell is that its made buy a professional software company. I think most home replacements are "bedroom coders" that do it for the fun of it.

3d Shell isn't cheap at £9.50 but its is a thing of beauty. Check the link below. Showed it to a few iPhone users this week and they were gobsmacked. :smashin:
SPB Shell 3D » Android Software » SPB Software

G

Last edited:
I have tried go launcher as suggested by daymouse and haven't had one slow down yet.

The one thing I am missing is the launcher pro widgets for facebook and twitter... does anyone know of any stand alone widgets for those (I like to be able to scroll down through messages and not have to click a button to go to the next message).

I must admit Gary, that does look pretty stunning! Does it have any widgets for twitter/facebook built into it?

I have tried go launcher as suggested by daymouse and haven't had one slow down yet.

The one thing I am missing is the launcher pro widgets for facebook and twitter... does anyone know of any stand alone widgets for those (I like to be able to scroll down through messages and not have to click a button to go to the next message).

I must admit Gary, that does look pretty stunning! Does it have any widgets for twitter/facebook built into it?

Try this one after a quick google

Colorize Widget | AppBrain Android Market

That is absolutely perfect, exactly what I was looking for.. thanks!

This might seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to try any of the other launchers can I just use Home Switcher to swap between them? I basically don't want to have to go back to Launcher Pro and set it all up again.

Thanks, spud

spudtator said:
This might seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to try any of the other launchers can I just use Home Switcher to swap between them? I basically don't want to have to go back to Launcher Pro and set it all up again.

Thanks, spud

In short..... Yes :eek:)

Yes you can switch between launchers. I prefer ADW ex (paid version). I've tried others and just switched back to ADW by clearing the other launcher default property in manage applications. Next time I press home it simply asks which launcher to use. I particularly like the "lock desktop" function of ADW, stops me moving widgets n app icons by mistake.

If the launcher has a backup/restore function like ADW then just make a backup for safety before trying others.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom