Launch titles?

Fair play. They should do a remastered Bad Company 2 at some point. Modern bells and whistles, updated destruction model and it would be a winner. For many the best BF game.

‘Agreed, I feel the WW1 & WW2 is played out now. Call of Duty has stepped up with Warzone (really enjoying it) and the last modern warfare was reportedly good (haven’t played myself) so hopefully that encourages Dice to come back with something special.

I don't like the idea of remastering old games, where is all the new ideas ***?

I don't like the idea of remastering old games, where is all the new ideas ***?

I don't mean a remaster but a sequel in the vain of Bad Company. Im sick of games that aren't that old getting remasters. Speaking of not remasters but reboots that I would like, I would love the old Lucas Arts Monkey Island games to get something new. It doesn't have to be point an click, could be a cartoony open world but alas we will probably get Halo 4/Gears 2 Remastered.

I don't mean a remaster but a sequel in the vain of Bad Company. Im sick of games that aren't that old getting remasters. Speaking of not remasters but reboots that I would like, I would love the old Lucas Arts Monkey Island games to get something new. It doesn't have to be point an click, could be a cartoony open world but alas we will probably get Halo 4/Gears 2 Remastered.
Sea of thieves has a similar art style to those games

Sea of thieves has a similar art style to those games

I have only seen a bit of that online videos, actually downloaded it on game pass and haven’t tried it yet. I would love a Monkey Island adventure game but with Witcher 3 style open world with the cartoony graphics and side quests to go along with the main storyline. Obviously it couldn’t be as large or open as Witcher’s world as story games need some linearity to them. Double Fine would be a good bet for a game like this.

I just hope MS new studios take some risks with new IP Or at least evolve the IP they have. Gears was a big favourite of mine but the coalition are one step from ruining it. I’m glad Rod Ferguson has gone as the buck stops with him, fresh eyes and ideas needed.

I have only seen a bit of that online videos, actually downloaded it on game pass and haven’t tried it yet. I would love a Monkey Island adventure game but with Witcher 3 style open world with the cartoony graphics and side quests to go along with the main storyline. Obviously it couldn’t be as large or open as Witcher’s world as story games need some linearity to them. Double Fine would be a good bet for a game like this.

I just hope MS new studios take some risks with new IP Or at least evolve the IP they have. Gears was a big favourite of mine but the coalition are one step from ruining it. I’m glad Rod Ferguson has gone as the buck stops with him, fresh eyes and ideas needed.
sea of thieves is pretty much exactly what you describe, all be it multiplayer you really need a group of you to make the most of it

Half Life 3
I know this was a joke post, but can you imagine if the recently release Half Life Alyx were to get a PS5 port. (Mind-blown)

I single out PS5 as it seems like Microsoft is still not yet ready to embrace VR. It'd be a great get for Sony and may just pile the pressure on Microsoft to at least support VR headsets on Series X.

Cant happen unless they release a newer PSVR headset - the camera and motion controls wont work with half-life alyx. Also its valves joint so you have to buy it from there the steam store, cant see them giving up that to put in the sony store.

Cant happen unless they release a newer PSVR headset - the camera and motion controls wont work with half-life alyx. Also its valves joint so you have to buy it from there the steam store, cant see them giving up that to put in the sony store.
Yeah, I figured as much. I am expecting there will be a new higher-resolution PS VR headset for the PS5 at some point too.

The fact it is Valve's game I wouldn't have thought would stop it coming to console. Bearing in mind we've had Left 4 Dead, The Orange Box with Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and later on - Portal 2, all during the last generation.

I think it's more just a matter of as you say, the right control method, headset and box to be able to deliver a similar experience to PC. If PS5 or Xbox can tick that box in the near future, then I think we'll likely see a console port.

It's all about pushing VR forward and consoles are in a unique position to do just that.

Edit: Also, given what we have seen of the new PS5 DualSense controller (the light sensor position change) it doesn't seem like it would work with the current PS VR headset. I think that's a pretty solid indicator that Sony is moving away from the existing VR control method for PS5.

Last edited:
I think its an index thing - Valve make the hardware and the Alyx is the software to help sell it. But as SteamVR also works on other headsets (that are not Sonys) its availble on other platforms. It was designed to be played with the Valve Index controllers primarly but works with Occulus ones also at slightly reduced capability. Valve are a funny company so you may be right, I hope so.

Yeah the controllers wont be involved if they revist PSVR, in fact the whole thing needs to be binned , I have a quest (considered a low end PC VR headset) and a PSVR and the PSVR is really poor in comparision its a real chair simulator - sit here and watch stuff around you happen in most games, where as with the quest I have never moved so much playing games - its a different league and experience which is the point I think. So yeah it will have to be a complete change likely to be more like the existing PC headsets and it will be expensive due to this I would think, otherwise the occulus quest will which is £400 and can be played with or without a PC will kick its ass. The market has moved on since they released the PSVR and I wonder if they will go again or maybe not bother this time.

1587722673057.png

1587722872809.png

Very interesting.

I will be picking up the console on Day 1, but what will I bring home with me (ideally)...

Halo (Game Pass)
Gears 5 (Game Pass - Series X patch)
Forza Next (Game Pass)
Fifa 21
Call of Duty Next
CyberPunk (Series X patch)

;)

Yes we can guess some of the launch titles now

Forza (driving)
Halo (FPS)
Psychonauts 2 (platforming)
Everwild (MMO RPG)
Mojang Game (puzzle)
Elden Ring (RPG)
Next COD (FPS)
Fifa (sports)
Minecraft Raytraced beta (building)
Dying Light 2 (horror)

most bases covered there, and for next couple of years

Perfect Dark (adventure mmo/openworld)
Fable (RPG/openworld)
Halo DLC
Pillars of Eternity Sequel (RPG)
MS Santa Monica game (Adventure?)
Gears 6?
VR Game
Sega Games
State of Decay next gen?
Hellblade 2 (experience)

I really hope the Perfect Dark rumours are true, although that description above doesn't sound great to me. Other players coming into your game and screwing up the mission...no thanks!

That list looks like a lot of guesswork to me. Convenient a random developer in a mid size studio happens to have friends in all the key MS studios around the globe to get specific event information. Regardless, given MS want info kept under wraps until the reveals, why would any of them other than maybe tight lipped studio heads know what else was in the mix for the general MS presentation when their focus would only be whatever they need to deliver. It wouldn't be common knowledge for everyone who works for the studios, specifically so none of them pass it on to their mate in some random mid sized studio to plaster over the web. :rotfl:

Anyway the one game that's been hinted a load online recently with stills from Playground Games and cryptic posts from Xbox is Fable, which has been rumoured to be revealed at the next event, yet no mention of that.....

It's been widely reported that the May event will be mainly hardware focused with some games also shown, no doubt to highlight some of the tech they are describing, but what I'd heard was it might be only a couple of key games. The event later in June, or potentially pushed back to July will be all about the games and effectively the E3 replacement show. With that in mind, I'd find it very unlikely they'd show so many games in the May event as suggested in that post.

I think I read Turn 10 were supposed to do a Ray Tracing presentation at GDC, and obviously there will be a new Forza Motorsport game as normal cycle meant it would've released last year, so they'll have had an extra year to develop for next gen and it will obviously be a showcase title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is one that's revealed at the hardware event to show off RT and some other stunning visuals... just imagine how good that will look on the beast Series X. Possibly that's also a game they could get to run at 120fps, so again perfect showcase of the hardware's power. Based on the hints being dropped I think the other showcase at the May event would be Fable to demonstrate a stunning open world, no doubt with some amazing weather effects, scale, possibly real time landscape changes or whatever.

I don't think Halo will be shown in May, but held back as the major showpiece at the June/July event with a proper extended gameplay demo, so that's what people are talking about once the pre-orders come on line and in the run up to launch.

Either way, I can't wait for both Xbox events and to also see something decent from Sony for that matter. What an awesome time to be a gamer....global pandemic aside obviously. :eek:

Frankly im not interested in most of those titles but there will be enough other stuff on gamepass to be worth getting a series X.

At this point i have actually stopped buying games as they invariably turn up on gamepass.

That list looks like a lot of guesswork to me. Convenient a random developer in a mid size studio happens to have friends in all the key MS studios around the globe to get specific event information. Regardless, given MS want info kept under wraps until the reveals, why would any of them other than maybe tight lipped studio heads know what else was in the mix for the general MS presentation when their focus would only be whatever they need to deliver. It wouldn't be common knowledge for everyone who works for the studios, specifically so none of them pass it on to their mate in some random mid sized studio to plaster over the web. :rotfl:

Anyway the one game that's been hinted a load online recently with stills from Playground Games and cryptic posts from Xbox is Fable, which has been rumoured to be revealed at the next event, yet no mention of that.....

It's been widely reported that the May event will be mainly hardware focused with some games also shown, no doubt to highlight some of the tech they are describing, but what I'd heard was it might be only a couple of key games. The event later in June, or potentially pushed back to July will be all about the games and effectively the E3 replacement show. With that in mind, I'd find it very unlikely they'd show so many games in the May event as suggested in that post.

I think I read Turn 10 were supposed to do a Ray Tracing presentation at GDC, and obviously there will be a new Forza Motorsport game as normal cycle meant it would've released last year, so they'll have had an extra year to develop for next gen and it will obviously be a showcase title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is one that's revealed at the hardware event to show off RT and some other stunning visuals... just imagine how good that will look on the beast Series X. Possibly that's also a game they could get to run at 120fps, so again perfect showcase of the hardware's power. Based on the hints being dropped I think the other showcase at the May event would be Fable to demonstrate a stunning open world, no doubt with some amazing weather effects, scale, possibly real time landscape changes or whatever.

I don't think Halo will be shown in May, but held back as the major showpiece at the June/July event with a proper extended gameplay demo, so that's what people are talking about once the pre-orders come on line and in the run up to launch.

Either way, I can't wait for both Xbox events and to also see something decent from Sony for that matter. What an awesome time to be a gamer....global pandemic aside obviously. :eek:
The minecraft beta can show off raytracing so it makes sense turn 10 would focus on physics if these rumours are true. No reason for them not to be really as it doesn't really tell you much other than what is likely to be announced, presumably people in the industry will be talking to each other about who is likely to be showing what as any event will have third parties as part of the reveals.

The 8 minutes of Halo could just be a reveal of the hub/open world with multiplayer etc coming much later. I'd guess as the XSX hardware is already known then the event will have to be software announcements - no point in announcing dates & prices yet. May as well make the most of the internet being sent into meltdown by announcing a load of stuff with hardly any detail and short trailers.

I'll be very surprised if fable makes launch.

Last edited:
The minecraft beta can show off raytracing so it makes sense turn 10 would focus on physics if these rumours are true. No reason for them not to be really as it doesn't really tell you much other than what is likely to be announced, presumably people in the industry will be talking to each other about who is likely to be showing what as any event will have third parties as part of the reveals.

The 8 minutes of Halo could just be a reveal of the hub/open world with multiplayer etc coming much later. I'd guess as the XSX hardware is already known then the event will have to be software announcements - no point in announcing dates & prices yet. May as well make the most of the internet being sent into meltdown by announcing a load of stuff with hardly any detail and short trailers.

I'll be very surprised if fable makes launch.

I doubt Fable would make launch, expect it next year or even 2022, but it's a much loved franchise (apparently, I never played it myself) so there's a lot of hype and worth showing before console launches.

As for hardware, highlighting some more tech demos of the stuff it can do which the DF and Austin Evans stuff didn't really show, potentially Series S details, possibly updates with Xcloud etc and how it can be used from the console to instantly start playing via Xcloud while you download a new game, or utilising it for instant trials of games before buying etc.

Like Phil Spencer said or alluded to during the interview with IGN a week or so ago - there won’t be a mass of launch titles day 1. Sounded like they were going to be a bit more spread out intentionally. With their commitment to back compat and GamePass, it’s not like people are going to be lacking anything to play.

Like Phil Spencer said or alluded to during the interview with IGN a week or so ago - there won’t be a mass of launch titles day 1. Sounded like they were going to be a bit more spread out intentionally. With their commitment to back compat and GamePass, it’s not like people are going to be lacking anything to play.
I think all he meant in that context was that he wouldn't hold back the launch if software wasn't ready and he wouldn't put out Halo if it wasn't finished. I think they would prefer to launch with the big titles but as long as the firmware is ready then they will launch anyway whether Halo etc is ready or not.

I think all he meant in that context was that he wouldn't hold back the launch if software wasn't ready and he wouldn't put out Halo if it wasn't finished. I think they would prefer to launch with the big titles but as long as the firmware is ready then they will launch anyway whether Halo etc is ready or not.

Yeah he did say that too, later on in the interview he specifically said they’re gonna spread the 1st party titles out iirc

Any talk as to whether Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is likely to get a Series X update?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom