Launch Games are shocking

At £70 a pop, I’m glad there isn’t too many, a few will keep me going over Christmas ..

Only game I’ve got on pre order is Cold War.
Why not just play it on PS4 until the next-gen exclusives come? At launch I believe there's only Demon's Souls that is next-gen only, though it is a remaster of a decade old game. There's supposedly that new Ratchet & Clank which does look like it would be next-gen only also, but that's slated for the launch window, which I think means anyime from Nov to March.

Personally, I am also somewhat disappointed. I believed in the 'generations' push Sony was previously touting, and so it's a shame to think that Horizon Forbidden West is now a cross-gen game, ultimately limited in scope much in the same way as Halo Infinite is for Xbox.

It's honestly a little shitty, Miles Morales going cross-gen is certainly shocking no-one though.

Sony got me the moment '2021' popped up for God of War Ragnarok. It's a quick turnaround imo, so with the cross-gen revelation of other AAA titles, I wouldn't be surprised to see this follow the same path.

Whatever, take my money, I'll still take it even if it is just a prettier version of a PS4 game. God of War is (imo) hands down the best game of the current generation. And no joke, John Lewis didn't hang about - they took the full sha-bang instantly lol

If God of War 2 is 'scheduled' to release anytime before the end of next-year, then I mays well buy-in at launch. If it's that soon, there is games at launch and shortly after that I am interested in. Not system sellers to me, but I may as well dive in why the world's going mad.

Last edited:
At £70 a pop, I’m glad there isn’t too many, a few will keep me going over Christmas ..

£70 is RRP, can be found cheaper. Still too expensive however.

Launch games are shocking?

A294781A-9ADB-4C4F-A6AF-F9CB538DDBF3.jpeg

Personally, I think the launch lineup is better than the last couple of generations. If it’s not for you then don’t buy the console until later.

From a 1st/2nd party standpoint it looks to me like the best lineup since the PS2 (not even taking into account Ratchet & Clank which will be hopefully be released not long after)

Demons Souls is the first killer launch title since Mario 64 imo. Yes i know its a bit of a niche title but its the kind of game you would normally only see the year after. Bloodborne did arrive a few months after launch though i think?
I'll shut up now!

Demons Souls is the first killer launch title since Mario 64 imo. Yes i know its a bit of a niche title but its the kind of game you would normally only see the year after. Bloodborne did arrive a few months after launch though i think?
I'll shut up now!

Bloodborne wasn't until March 2015!

Bloodborne wasn't until March 2015!

My bad, for some reason i had it in my head it came out several months after launch. Ok well my point about demons souls being the kind of game to release a year later is valid again! :D

I think I’m going to pre-order COD and Demon’s Souls.

I did have Spiderman on the list but I think that price will start to drop quite quickly so I’ll wait.

Astros playroom is the only game that I like the look of so far.
I have preordered (and already paid at Argos) for my PS5 so I can't really cancel now . Well I could but I know it'll be a hassle getting the money back
It'll be for Christmas anyway, so I'll hold off from preordering anything. Might get Assassin Creed and Watchdogs and then wait for price to drop on Spiderman as it's supposed to be pretty much just a large dlc for the last game

Last edited:
I have to be honest I've now preordered both the PS5 aswell as the XSX, and there isn't any game even announced on either that I'm too bothered about.

It's a weird place to be as I love a new console launch and jumping in day 1, but this is the first time I can remember being in this situation. Even the WiiU I had ZombiU.

I could end up canceling everything yet but I would miss that brand new console release buzz. Still time to think yet.

I have to be honest I've now preordered both the PS5 aswell as the XSX, and there isn't any game even announced on either that I'm too bothered about.

It's a weird place to be as I love a new console launch and jumping in day 1, but this is the first time I can remember being in this situation. Even the WiiU I had ZombiU.

I could end up canceling everything yet but I would miss that brand new console release buzz. Still time to think yet.

I know what you are saying, kinda feel the same but more so on the XBSX, kinda feel like I would be missing out if I didn't secure one.

I can see me picking up second hand ps4 games that have ps5 upgrades available if prices remain at rrp

I'll shut up now!
Ps5 bloodbourne is in development too, as well as mgs. Redgamingtech said on YT.

Ps5 bloodbourne is in development too, as well as mgs. Redgamingtech said on YT.

I’ve seen a lot of chat about Sony acquiring Kadokawa as part of their strategy to consolidate in Anime (they have Funimation and have been discussing an acquisition of Crunchyroll with WB). Kadokawa is the parent of FROM Software.

Hahahahaha, very good. Enjoy!

Tetris FTW!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom