Launch Date

Filbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Got an e-mail yesterday from someone who works for What Video & Widescreen TV and he has said that Sky have confirmed April the 20th as the launch date.

Now don't start flaming me, as this is NOT from Sky. I have also e-mailed a contact at Sky to get confirmation, and should this come through I will post on here, although I can't see how anyone at Sky would tell a magazine what the launch date is, and not tell them to keep it confidential, until it was offiicially announced.

Not flaming you mate, just confused about why you felt the need to start yet another thread on this subject, when there's already a dozen threads full of "dead cert" start dates ?

i feel that he thought his info warranted another thread to bring it to everybodies attention. if i thought i had a hot tip id probably do the same thing so it wouldnt get bogged down in the mud of all the other topics.

however flibert as you havent said if it was a mail shot or you know someone at the magazine im still sceptical

Didn't for one minute suggest the date was a "dead cert", and also as I understand it this is a chat forum, and so I posted the above! If you think the thread's a waste of time, don't add to it! SIMPLE!

Filbert said:
Didn't for one minute suggest the date was a "dead cert", and also as I understand it this is a chat forum, and so I posted the above! If you think the thread's a waste of time, don't add to it! SIMPLE!

Why didn't you at least make the thread title "Launch Date?"

By adding the question mark, you are telling people before they go in the thread that it's a question & therefore not a statement/fact that you have posted.

I'm confused.

Is this a thread about a possible launch date or a thread about this Forum. Personally I would like to read some threads about possible launch dates - frankly, I'm bored, and ssome juicy gossip is just the ticket. Forum pedants howver, are dull :hiya:

Well done Filbert - you keep on posting.....

Roger

You are being a little pedantic aren’t you… No one has to read the thread.

I think it’s better starting a new one.

And is it really worth the effort, going on about having a Question mark?

I know I have nothing better to do at work…. I would hope the rest of you have.

Let him write want he wants, that’s the idea of a forum

Roger G Cam said:
..... Personally I would like to read some threads about possible launch dates - frankly, I'm bored, and ssome juicy gossip is just the ticket. Forum pedants howver, are dull :hiya:

All you really need then is a Year Planner and a set of darts ?

They'll give you plenty of start dates, and will be as accurate as anything else.

Nick_UK said:
All you really need then is a Year Planner and a set of darts ?

They'll give you plenty of start dates, and will be as accurate as anything else.

Are you part of the Sky Senior Management Team trying to decide on a start date for Sky HD?

You seem to have inside information on their planning technology.

Roger

Give the bloke a break.

As rumours go, someone at What Video is a bit more credible as a source than "the bloke who came round to install my Sky+" or the spotty kid down at Comet that we've had to date.

hey come on, the suggestion about using a ? was fair. i came into this thread as its in the sky HD forum and it says "launch date" to me thats a golden ticket to info on when its coming out and should be confirmed by sky and sky alone.

if its anything else then the title should be "Launch date given to me by blah blah" or better still put it in a thread already discussing it.

yes we all obviously have spare time thats why we are reading. but people could be considerate in not getting others hopes up or wasting their time by giving a misleading topic title

Roger G Cam said:
Are you part of the Sky Senior Management Team trying to decide on a start date for Sky HD?

You seem to have inside information on their planning technology.

Roger

The start date will already have been decided. However, one of the first rules of business is that you don't give your competitors your business plans.

Nick_UK said:
The start date will already have been decided. However, one of the first rules of business is that you don't give your competitors your business plans.

Sky has a competitor? ;)

I heard it would be the 1st of April :smashin:...

I love the banter on this forum.Its like being in the shower after the game.

Does that mean leaving out the question mark is like bending over to pick up the soap?;)

I talked to my local sevenoakes yesterday, they say that the Sky HD box launch is March 17th at a price of £300

I've already got mine :smashin:...

Thanks for the info, no idea why people complain about you posting this. Thanks alot, we shall see I guess :)

Filbert said:
Got an e-mail yesterday from someone who works for What Video & Widescreen TV and he has said that Sky have confirmed April the 20th as the launch date.

What .........2007
:rotfl:

Maybe we should start a sweepstake ? I bag June 6th :thumbsup:

JagoPlasma said:
hey come on, the suggestion about using a ? was fair. i came into this thread as its in the sky HD forum and it says "launch date" to me thats a golden ticket to info on when its coming out and should be confirmed by sky and sky alone.

if its anything else then the title should be "Launch date given to me by blah blah" or better still put it in a thread already discussing it.

yes we all obviously have spare time thats why we are reading. but people could be considerate in not getting others hopes up or wasting their time by giving a misleading topic title

Blimey - took me less than 10 secs to read title and 1st post - those are now lost forever - what should I do - sniff.
:suicide:

I made a change to my package last night and whilst on the phone i asked the lady when the high definition service will be available:

"it will launch on October the 9th sir":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Had to laugh. I didnt really pay it much heed. The fact that i couldnt understand a word she said for most of the conversation didnt fill me with confidence

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom