Launch 360 freezes - no error messages or RROD

charles bronson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After doing the initial update for FIFA 10, my XBOX 360 keeps freezing about 3 minutes into playing.
The screen freezes, with parts of the screen covered with small blocks. It has also just gone black a couple of times. It has to be restarted.

There are no error messages, and no RROD, the ring stays green.

The power block doesn't seem to be overheating, it is well ventilated. I have tried with other games and just the dashboard but it still happens.
Tried clearing cache too but no change.

It's out of warranty too.

Any ideas or fixes for this issue?

I think you need to prepare yourself for the rings!!!! Thats exactly what my launch one did before it died on me!!!!

Its going to go any minute.

Think of it as its on the life support machine, can't survive without it, and the doctor is slowly walking down the corridor to press the off switch.

That is how long you have left.

Its going to go any minute.

Think of it as its on the life support machine, can't survive without it, and the doctor is slowly walking down the corridor to press the off switch.

That is how long you have left.

Now why would you delight in someone dropping £140? :thumbsdow

Left it for a couple of hours and had a game of Fifa. Been going ok for 2 hours now, but I fully expect it to keel over any second.
Poxy Microsoft tat.

Now why would you delight in someone dropping £140? :thumbsdow
I certainly wasn't delighting.

Just trying to put enphasis how long you have left with your console.

Also its kind of Freudian that you think my comparing your console to someone getting the life support meachine turned off is showing delight.

You don't have any rich relatives by chance do you :D

appears i also have the same problem after installing FIFA 10. absolutely gutted.:thumbsdow
Is it still under warranty, and the first break down you have had?

I wonder how many consoles have keeled over after the FIFA 10 update.
the game is so full of bugs it wouldn't surprise me if this was more widespread

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom