Laughing coming through my speakers...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by PhilipVass, Aug 8, 2004.

1. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It just started since i downloaded a song on Kazza, i am now getting a laughing and giggle through my speakers...anybody know what it is...is it a virus or something...?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    You mean via the PC speakers?....if so,very likely to be either a virus/trojan or a piece of spyware.
    Do you have a firewall and virus checker installed,and also a spyware deleting program such as Spykiller or Spybot...if not,you really should have,as things like Kazaa are like an open door for these.

3. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a firewall, and it blocks all that, and i also have Spybot and i have ran it a few times.

4. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    Actually, sadly, a firewall won't necessarily stop any viruses. It just helps to stop people accessing your drives/files while you are online, and "worm" software (which essentially try to access your drives in a variety of ways).

Viruses usually spread through email attachments, and file downloads or swapping, and these actvities can happily take place even through a firewall.

If I were you, I'd download a good virus checker, like the one here:
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

and see if it finds anything. I've not heard of a virus that causes chuckling(!), but all things are possible.

Viruses and Spyware are different beasts. Spyware removal software (like AdAware and SpyBot) will only address the spyware, not the viruses/worms.