1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

latter tracks skipping . . .

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by kudosdude, May 27, 2005.

1. kudosdude

kudosdude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all, I am having a problem with my 3 month old Cambridge Audio 640C CD player, and I'm starting to tear my hair out.

Basically the latter tracks say (13-18) start skipping. As you can imagine this is driving me nuts. I am pretty sure the CD player didn't used to but now I'm starting to question myself. I know it's not the cd because If I seek backwards the skipped moment isn't prevalent.

Any ideas what it could be please? I'd take it back to Richer sounds but we've not had the best of service for them when returning things before and as this is one of those "intermittent" problems it'd be nice to have some sort of explanation.

Please tell me I'm not the only-one that has suffered this?
    Thanks
    Michael

Edited: Can I just add brief static hiss to the skipping, again seeking didn't repeat the problem. Track 17!! :(

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Hi , i cant relate directly to your specfic cd. but it sounds like to me, the laser /reading part of the cd is going, i have had this on 2 cd players before
    and its quite common to happen usually in all in one systems, where the build isn't the greatest the laser goes . i would return it if i was, as i think it is something that will only get worse and you cannot fix youself. anyone else?

3. warmar

warmar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i guess you have tried putting a laser cleaner through it?