Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Latest Software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mrjums, Jan 17, 2004.

1. mrjums

mrjums

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Up until approx 1 year ago I was creating DVDs from my DV digital Camera. The software I used to acheive this was as follows:

Dazzle DV MainActor - to capture the DV tape onto my HD.
    TMPEGEnc Plus 2.54 - to convert the raw avi files into DVD Compliant MPegs (set at the max 8000 kbs).
    TMPEGEnc Plus 2.54 Tools to Join all the mpegs together.
    Ulead DVD Moviefactory to create/burn the dvd with chapters.

Although the entire process and the methods I use seems a little long-winded and very time consuming, the end result works well with top quality digital video.

My question is this:
    Is there a better/faster way of achieving this using different software.

I am out-of-touch with the latest software so can anyone recomend better software to replace what im currently using.

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    The newer version Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2 can do all you require. The capture is fine, but the editing is very simple with no features to add wipes, title & effects so if these are required any other editing package including the free MS Movie Maker 2 that comes with Windows XP wil do all that.
    Once you have the footage editeed as required Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2 does everything else. It's the software that I use and it does give very good results and is easy to use.

Mark.