Latest Pronto Colour Remote

Chewbacca

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi could somebody tell Me which model number is the latest philips Pronto colour remote control as there seems to be quite a few models out there.:confused:

TSU7000 (ProntoProNG) but only availbe in US at the moment. Current latest UK model is the RU970 (ProntoPro)

The next EU model will be RU980 according to philips, but still no sign of it UK.

Steve.

Thanks for the info I would like to purchase one in the future is it worth shopping around or are they roughly all the same price from shop to shop.

In shops the prices are only likely to vary by a small amount, but online they can be vastly different.
I bought the Marantz RC9200 as I prefered the extra hard buttons that this remote has. In the shops they were generaly around £700 - £750, but I got mine online for £600. I could have (subject to availability) got a refurbished ex-demo unit for £500, but none were available at the time so got a brand new one.
I can't remember off hand where I bought it from but found the cheapest price by searching the internet via Google.

Mark.

Thanks MarkE19 I will have a look on the internet I am also thinking of buying the Marantz model I think it looks better than the philips.

Remember though that the Marantz RC9200 only has a 256 colour screen. Also, the new 9400 will be out in a couple of months meaning you could wait and either get a better remote or the 9200 for less money.

Build quality on the Marantz is, IMO, better than the Philips but I am delighted with my TSU7000. Just remember it doesn't actually do anymore than the TSU3000/RU950 but the screen is nice.

I sometimes wish I didn't hanker after the latest and greatest all the time :) It's costing me a fortune :(

I sometimes wish I didn't hanker after the latest and greatest all the time It's costing me a fortune
Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Messiah
Remember though that the Marantz RC9200 only has a 256 colour screen. Also, the new 9400 will be out in a couple of months meaning you could wait and either get a better remote or the 9200 for less money.

Build quality on the Marantz is, IMO, better than the Philips but I am delighted with my TSU7000. Just remember it doesn't actually do anymore than the TSU3000/RU950 but the screen is nice.

I sometimes wish I didn't hanker after the latest and greatest all the time :) It's costing me a fortune :(

Hey Messiah, have you any info about the Marantz 9400, when is it coming out and is it worth the extra cash compared to the 9300 that im just about ready to buy, please please tel, ready to buy...

What is the 9300? Not seen that one. We are talking remote controls here not Marantz amps or receivers (their naming convention leaves a lot to be desired)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom