1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on the Black Gold dual DVB-T card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Slinkoff, May 20, 2005.

1. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Quote from their sales department:

Hi,

Yes we are getting quite a few enquiries.

We have cards in development and are currently working on drivers. We anticipate release in a couple of months. Our developers say sooner, but we have to get through all the QA testing and WHQL certification. That always takes longer than planned.

We recognise that with a lot of the low profile cases and mini ATX, there aren’t enough PCI slots once got a WLAN card to go around. So it is a high priority for us.

Kind regards…

so it is coming but maybe a few months yet...

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    yes, so unless you really need a single card (i.e. a low profile case with limited slots) then grab yourself a bargain at the new pricing.

We would expect the new dual card will be more expensive than 2 single cards as there is always the R&D costs to recoup etc etc.

3. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I think the dual tuner DVB-T card is primarily aimed at those who don't have the PCI slots to go for the dual card config. I know I'm certainly one of those people. For me, it's a choice between dual cards and motherboard audio or wait for the dual tuner board and add a Mystique Dolby Live card into the other slot. I know which option I'd prefer and hence am prepared to wait.