Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

latest high street Panny offer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Twilliams, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello members can somebodyt please give me there wisdom on this...

Just back from my shopping trip where I saw this offer at a reputable high street chain.

Panasonic TH37-PE30B
    Integrated Digital Turner.Auto set-up
    Full dual screen, PIP
    switch off timer
    3 Scart sockets
    Sd memory card slot ......... ?

£2399 (£2999 for the 42" version)
    included in this price is also a stand rrp £399
    5 year Guarantee
    and a DMR E55 DVD Recorder rrp£199 (though I seen them here for as little as £150)

Just a quick look around online I can find a similar offer to this but without the Guarantee. Also there is 3 day delivery and the reputable store name to back ya up.

couple of questions hopefully someone can answer me. Everyone on here raves about the PW6 and PW7. Well where on the scale does this model fall compared to the PW6/7 the codes for these TV's seem to change at the drop of a hat and its hard to no if your getting a good deal or not?

Another general question is to do with the PIP feature> Is there a couple of headphone sockets to attach to the TV so sound can be listened to from both picture sources by separate people?

2. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a very good price for a high street store.

3. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    good deal, I may finally be able to persuade the wife!!

4. finden

finden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What store was this please ? I am very interested in the Panasonic but have been put off by the price up until now.

5. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pray-tell this store's name, please!

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    is that JL??? (john Lewis) 5 year warranty is a JL thing and the rest of the offer has been around since beginning of october in fsaact at one point people where getting the 42" with all above for £2400 using JL and pricematch!!!!

7. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buyers please note that this package for the 37 inch plasma is now available for £2099 at least in JL Welwyn Garden City. This offer is not a price match this is now the standard price in store.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162003

I am however also trying to get them to do a price match at £1885 and will let you know what happens regards that.

8. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dare I mention it, but I have started headway into ordering this package from YES JL. Where it as simple as saying "Yes I want one here's my money" Trying to get my local store to match the WGC price which of course there kicking up a fuss about, So have spoken to hornetts customer service rep Danny at, the WGC store who I must say has restored my faith in tele customer service reps. He is the most helpful person I have ever spoken to on the phone. he is in the process of arguing my case with my local branch to match the price at his store. so will let ya no tomorrow what goes on. needless to say once I have had this sorted I'll be mentioning hornetts further price match of £1885.... :D

9. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Good luck on the price match. Danny assured me they will price match other JL stores.

However I am yet to hear about my price match with H Prestons - to be honest I am not very hopefull (I have a feeling they will find a reason not to price match) - but I am not breaking any rules asking as it is JL policy to match a price elsewhere so you never know.

Its a bargain and a half at £2099 anyways. :thumbsup:

10. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keep me informed hornet as to your Price match, I spoke to Welyn too and they said the price was £2399 or £2099 without all the bits, So I said let me talk to Danny!. and hey presto £2099 for the lot! Nice one :D Im near the Chedle branch in Manchester myself so Danny tryed to arrrange with them to match the price. "NO CHANCE" they said. He even argued the point (what a guy) anyways getting it posted up from Welyn for an extra £65, just waiting the arrival of extra stock of the stands then they ship it off to me (how can they run out of Stands but not Screens) :suicide:

11. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh a quick question to all. Ill be connecting the screen to Sky digital and the DVD recorder via Scart lead I guess? is there anything particular i should get that isnt too pricey but will make a difference? :lease:

12. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I use Thor scart leads - never had a problem with them. No doubt you can spend £100's on the very best but to my untrained eye I can never see any major difference in picture quality between the Thors and the really expensive ones.

Available here http://www.tvcables.co.uk/ or here http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=ELEC&title=170944 both for £17.99 delivered

13. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers hornett ill give em a try, lest hope they sell one thats resonably short, why they have to be several metres long when only a half metre or so, seperate most set- :suicide: ups

14. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Has this H Prestons got stock in etc.. I bought a 37" Vierra for my parents on my barclaycard from JL and I am now looking to pricematch using Barclaycard.

Also, what is their URL or contact details

Cheers

Lawrenso