Latest HD box update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkitty

Established Member
Reaction score
direct from the marketing manager who is responsible for the HD box - to be released VERY soon but would not release any inside info :mad:

ok so not much of an update but better than nothing :rotfl:

Madkitty said:
direct from the marketing manager who is responsible for the HD box - to be released VERY soon but would not release any inside info :mad:

ok so not much of an update but better than nothing :rotfl:
If this is genuinely from the HD Marketing Manager, then this is very significant. Can you explain how you have direct access to the HD marketing manager?

he is the same person who is responsible for product management of sky+. I spent a lot of time liaising with him directly last year when I was having major issues with faulty boxes and he settled everything for me...pulled out all the stops and was amazing. I kept his email since then just encase I had any further problems.

How soon is very soon? :devil:

Remember to marketing long term means 10+ years, to us IT gadget fans it means next week :)

kamaran said:
How soon is very soon? :devil:

Not quite as soon as very, very soon :D

Madkitty said:
he is the same person who is responsible for product management of sky+. I spent a lot of time liaising with him directly last year when I was having major issues with faulty boxes and he settled everything for me...pulled out all the stops and was amazing. I kept his email since then just encase I had any further problems.

And what would his name be?

gooner#14 said:
is there a point to this thread??

Like sharks that have to keep swimming to survive, it would seem that some people have to keep posting pointless threads in order to exist....

Speculation can be great fun, or mildly diverting, but please do not present it as FACT!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

kingsize said:
Like sharks that have to keep swimming to survive, it would seem that some people have to keep posting pointless threads in order to exist....

Speculation can be great fun, or mildly diverting, but please do not present it as FACT!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.
They are just posting opinions of info they believe to be fact - who are you to say if it's right or wrong or if they shold post at all.

dontnomakeitup said:
They are just posting opinions of info they believe to be fact - who are you to say if it's right or wrong or if they shold post at all.

How can so many people truely beleive they have the facts? Especially when hardly any of them have posted the same info?

Perhaps everyone should question where their source has aquired their info? Then maybe they will realise that unless their source is virtually at the top of the foodchain in Sky, they haven't a clue.

dontnomakeitup said:

I am saying they are wrong.

They believe it to be fact - because someone's granny knows someone who once sat on a bus beside a talking dog that knew someone who had met a guy from Tipton at the Circus who had once been in a lift with a man who had shared a hospital ward with an ex-submarine commander who had a son that knew a guy who had watched a football match beside a man who had once met a gravedigger that had an uncle who's MP had the same name as a flower that grew in the garden of the man who happened to work for sky....

Tell you what kids, I BELIEVE that I have some magic beans....any takers?

kingsize said:
I am saying they are wrong.

They believe it to be fact - because someone's granny knows someone who once sat on a bus beside a talking dog that knew someone who had met a guy from Tipton at the Circus who had once been in a lift with a man who had shared a hospital ward with an ex-submarine commander who had a son that knew a guy who had watched a football match beside a man who had once met a gravedigger that had an uncle who's MP had the same name as a flower that grew in the garden of the man who happened to work for sky....?

I went to Tipton, once. It wasn't very nice.

These are not Tipton beans...much better....and Magic ones too.

Come on folks, i believe them to be magic beans, that makes it a fact...

No takers from the credulous....?

kingsize said:
These are not Tipton beans...much better....and Magic ones too.

Come on folks, i believe them to be magic beans, that makes it a fact...

No takers from the credulous....?
I'll have 2, but can you forward them to Mr Murdoch as a "magic bean bribe" maybe to make him give us some more info! Please.:D

I believe it to be a fact, that Tipton has the highest concentration of pork scratching manufacturers inthe world - don't ask me how I know.

but if you must - a guy in a pub about 3 miles away from Tipton told me. I didn't ask him about the Sky HD launch, although I doubt he would have known - it was 1994.

i really have to stop getting excited over these new threads. i drop everything to just hope that someone has something new for us.

sorry but its peeing me off now.

no disrespect to the original poster

I do find it interesting how a Marketing Manager at Sky a) ended up sorting out problems with faulty boxes, and b) remained friends with the upset customer to such an extent that he would release what is obviously embargoed information, probably at the risk of his job!

NOT that I'm doubting the source of course :D

I agree, the whole sky hd section could be moved to general chat, before it peaks too soon...................

KIOSKMAN said:
MUST HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT tipton TO THE ONE i KNOW......TIPTON
Weren't Disney thinking of launching a theme park in Tipton before they settled on Orlando?

"TiptonDisney" has quite a ring to it don'tcha think? :thumbsup:

Better than Scunthorpe, I expect :)

These ere magic beans of yours - how does one get them to grow and what is magic about them. :confused:

Will they grow a beanstalk that sprouts £20 notes or will eating the beans make me live forever. :lease:

The beans have many magical qualities...but first you must believe...

Some grow £50.00 notes, some grant eternal life, and some sprout into a big HD transponder in your garden (or window box)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom