Latest Graphics Card Drivers - Nvidia & AMD (Part 2)

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Here are links to all the latest certified drivers along with some tools for your graphics cards.

Nvidia

14y0io3.jpg

Official WHQL Nvidia Download Driver page - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Official Beta Nvidia Download Driver page - Download NVIDIA Beta Drivers

ATI/AMD

330b7di.jpg

AMD Driver Download page - AMD Drivers

Known Issues with DX10 & DX11

1080i 30Hz Bug (ATI/AMD)

- If you have an ATI/AMD card and are experiencing problems with DX10 & DX10.1 on a HDTV coming up as 1080i then do the following:

Go into Catalyst Control Panel and Under HDTV support, add 1080i@30Hz (NTSC) and add 1080p@60Hz (NTSC). You will now be able to display 1080p in DX10/10.1 games.

24Hz Bug (Nvidia & ATI/AMD)

- There is also a bug which can effect DX10 & DX11 games which boot up at 24Hz and are being played on a HDTV. To get round this issue create a custom resolution which is 1 pixel under 1080p ie 1919x1080 or 1920x1079. Then when the game boots up select this new resolution and you will be able to play the game at 60Hz instead of 24Hz.

Benchmarking, Overclocking and Monitoring tools

Use the following apps to fine-tune your graphics card and benchmark to see how your overclocking has effected your performance. All the apps below work with both ATI/AMD and Nvidia cards.

Overclocking and Monitoring your Graphics card Temperature -

Ati Tool - ATi Tool 0.27 b2 download from Guru3D.com
RivaTuner - RivaTuner v2.24 download from Guru3D.com
GPUZ - techPowerUp! GPU-Z
MSI Afterburner & Kombuster - MSI Afterburner
Saphire Trixx (AMD) - Sapphire TriXX
Precision X - EVGA | Software | EVGA Precision

Benchmarking -

Futuremark 3D Mark 06 - Futuremark - Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Download
Futuremark Vantage - Futuremark - Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage - Download
Futuremark 3D Mark 11 - 3DMark11 for Windows 7
Heaven Benchmark - Download | Unigine (3D engine for games and real-time virtual worlds)
Valley Benchmark - Valley Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR)

Stress Testing the GPU

Furmark - FurMark v1.6.5 download from Guru3D.com

Please feel free to add to this thread when new drivers are made available.

Last edited:
That post should probably be made the first post of the thread, good source of info.

We still have 11 posts left to make in the original thread before it hits 1000!

Btw, you should stick Sapphire TriXX in there: Sapphire TriXX

I use TriXX in stead of MSI Afterburner due to the GUI being less cluttered.

If I'm doing heavy benchmarking, and requrie to see graphs, I'll use MSI AB, at any other time (general gaming) - I use TriXX :)

That post should probably be made the first post of the thread, good source of info.

It is the first post mate. I am glad you like it. :smashin:

We still have 11 posts left to make in the original thread before it hits 1000!

Btw, you should stick Sapphire TriXX in there: Sapphire TriXX

I use TriXX in stead of MSI Afterburner due to the GUI being less cluttered.

If I'm doing heavy benchmarking, and requrie to see graphs, I'll use MSI AB, at any other time (general gaming) - I use TriXX :)

Done :)

I should of aforementioned that the TriXX util was AMD only! But you got it in the end anyhow :D

Btw, Razor... Why do all of your avatars have massive hair/hats/helmets? Do you have a huge afro?

I should of aforementioned that the TriXX util was AMD only! But you got it in the end anyhow :D

Btw, Razor... Why do all of your avatars have massive hair/hats/helmets? Do you have a huge afro?

No big or small afro here but I do like an afro on my avatar. :D

First impressions the Avatar looks like a Massive Testicle with a chin Guard, can only say this in main as there is no option, had tobe done though off to change me avatar to Zippy.

namuk said:
First impressions the Avatar looks like a Massive Testicle with a chin Guard, can only say this in main as there is no option, had tobe done though off to change me avatar to Zippy.

And in English ?

woah woah woah have i missed something crucial here? Whats the seperate Physx download? Would I not have got this when I installed the latest drivers etc??

anyone have any idea why I can never successfully uninstall CCC anymore?

whenever I try, it starts off ok, but then the screen goes black and the little red LED on the front pnel flashes as though there is no signal being sent to the monitor. the only thing I can do is force a reboot by pressing the power button on the tower.

when it reboots, it appears as though the driver & software has been uninstalled, but there is always lots of crap left over. I manage to get rid of most of these things using driver sweeper & CCleaner, but there are still things left over, such as the catalyst install manager entry in programs and features list.

if I try to run the uninstaller again from the programs and features list, it starts off ok, but then I get an error message saying it can't be completed.

it's not always been like this, and I can't pinpoint when it started.

over the years I have just got into the habit of completely uninstalling all drivers and related software, then installing the newer ones on a clean slate.

any ideas how & why it has started doing this?

Have you tried using driver sweeper?
That should take care of it; it cleared everything for me.

Updated sticky to reflect new driver thread.

yeah, I use driver sweeper after I have to force a reboot, it gets rid of a lot, but it doesn't get rid of the entry in the programs and features list

Looks like the 296.10 whql's are about ready for release.....at least available for an 8800 GTS 512 (windows 7 32bit) :laugh: (downloaded for a friend)

Now available... Windows 7 64bit 296.10 whql

New in Release 296.10

Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
Dishonored
Dungeon Defenders
F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
rFactor 2
Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
Dear Esther – Rated Good
Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for more details.
Highlight Summary for the R295 Family of Drivers

New features and performance since R285 WHQL-certified driver
Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam's history”
Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
Enables WHQL-certified support for NVIDIA Surround on Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.
Updates HD Audio to version 1.3.12.0.
Other Details

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Last edited:
Cheers joe, updated first post.

Brilliant. These new drivers appear to have stopped the in-game freezing I was experiencing for a few weeks. I attributed it to overclocking my graphics card but then realised it probably wasn't since it kept happening at stock speeds too, although I did think for a moment that I'd damaged my 560ti somehow.

Nice and smooth in Skyrim too using stock speeds on my graphics card. Desktop looks a tad clearer as does text.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom