• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Latest firmware version.

wilkybobs

Can someone please tell me the latest firmware version for a PaceDS430N,maybee they are all the same but I need to know this as we have a issue with the new Grey FTV card and not being able to go into all channles sometimes and was told it could be the box is getting old and needs a update,if so what is the new upto date Software Version number and can this be done without being connected to a phone -line and just to the dish.
Also I have just bought another second hand receiver DS430N and it has come with a scart that has only 9 pins 1,2,3,4,6,8,17,19 & 20 ,can you explain why that could be,both the same on both ends of scart lead.

Cheers
WB

fernandez

Distinguished Member
.. what is the new upto date Software Version number and can this be done without being connected to a phone -line and just to the dish.
Also I have just bought another second hand receiver DS430N and it has come with a scart that has only 9 pins 1,2,3,4,6,8,17,19 & 20 ,can you explain why that could be,both the same on both ends of scart lead.

Sorry but I do not know what the latest version is (perhaps someone else can advise) but a 'forced download' is easily done as long as the box is connected to a dish and is in good order (again, others should advise)
Sky digital satellite TV digibox FAQ

The SCART plug is not a fully wired type and will not handle RGB
This should help explain
SCART - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wilkybobs

Can you still do a forced download with not being connected to a phoneline and just the dish only,is it just done through satellite or phoneline as well???

Can you still do a forced download with not being connected to a phoneline and just the dish only,is it just done through satellite or phoneline as well???

No phoneline required, updates come via the dish.

Latest firmware for the DS430N is (if my notes are correct):
Model Number: 1.0.53
OS Version: 1.2S4FJ
EPG Version: 3.7.6

You should be able to get this via a forced update (at least it worked for me in December). I know that they don't have the 2600C1 on the forced update stream all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilkybobs

No phoneline required, updates come via the dish.

Latest firmware for the DS430N is (if my notes are correct):
Model Number: 1.0.53
OS Version: 1.2S4FJ
EPG Version: 3.7.6

You should be able to get this via a forced update (at least it worked for me in December). I know that they don't have the 2600C1 on the forced update stream all the time.
Thanks for that info,
I have two receivers the same DS430N's ,I have checked the Operating SV number and it is 1.2S4fj on both receivers and the same with the EPG SV number the same on both 3.7.6 but the model number is different as I have one box that has 1.0.78 and one is 1.0.53 .Do these model numbers mean it is just a different model or do I need a forced download on the 1.0.78 receiver to get a updated receiver to make it get 1.0.53 ?.

No harm in trying it, I guess.

From my notes, I've seen a few 2600C1s with Model Number 1.0.78 and EPG 3.7.6.

Maybe it depends on the revision of the box. I'm guessing the Version Number's are different on your two?

The ones I've seen were 9F0A01 and 9F0A04.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilkybobs

No harm in trying it, I guess.

From my notes, I've seen a few 2600C1s with Model Number 1.0.78 and EPG 3.7.6.

Maybe it depends on the revision of the box. I'm guessing the Version Number's are different on your two?

The ones I've seen were 9F0A01 and 9F0A04.

The version number and EPG are both the same on both receivers and I have done a download on both and the model number hasn't changed so that must stay the same for just a code for the Model perhaps so I have one at 1.0.78 and one at 1.0.53 so I think they are both upto date.

Thanks again for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom