Latest Destiny Patch - 2.0.0.4 24/09/2015

I've yet to have a single Destiny update automatically install. Think it only looks for an update when it's launched unfortunately.
This 6 GB one was added to your console's download queue though and is not one of the in-game ones with the small circle progress meter.

Wasn't added to mine until I tried to launch the game. That's when it spotted the 6Gb update.

I got the in-game installing screen as usual once it'd finished and I clicked X to Start.

Wasn't added to mine until I tried to launch the game. That's when it spotted the 6Gb update.

I got the in-game installing screen as usual once it'd finished and I clicked X to Start.
Mine was added to the console download section when I booted up the console and without launching the game. Glitchy PS4 downloads.

I haven't checked yet to see if mine carried on when I rested the console last night.

Thought you meant you were installing it when you posted that.

Patch delay due to technical issues found. Assume a significant bug.

Let's hope HoW doesn't slip down the timescale then. We've waited long enough already without them delaying things for a few more weeks to bugfix.

Must remember to switch the PS4 on well before 10pm tonight then.

I've updated OP with patch notes, repeated here for convenience.

News > Destiny Update - 05/15/2015 | Bungie.net

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves
Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.

Weapons
  • Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
  • Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
  • Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
    • Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
    • Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
  • Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
    • Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
    • Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event
PVP
  • Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn
Tower
  • Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
  • The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
  • Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
  • Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
  • Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
  • Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves
User Interface
  • Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
  • Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
  • Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
  • Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired
Audio
  • Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons
Companion
  • Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
  • Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the "Mercury Memory Fragment" Dead Ghost
  • Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App
Technical
  • Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
  • Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
    • Indicators will no longer display persistently bad ("red") quality after a user's connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
    • The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user's live connection quality
*Addendum
  • We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
  • Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

New stuff at Tower..Queens Bounties.

App currently not working though (for me on IOS and Mac). Says down for maintenance.

Last edited:
scorch cannons are here :)

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves
Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.
Weapons
  • Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
  • Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
  • Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
    • Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
    • Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
  • Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
    • Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
    • Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event
PVP
  • Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn
Tower
  • Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
  • The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
  • Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
  • Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
  • Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
  • Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves
User Interface
  • Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
  • Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
  • Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
  • Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired
Audio
  • Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons
Companion
  • Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
  • Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the "Mercury Memory Fragment" Dead Ghost
  • Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App
Technical
  • Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
  • Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
    • Indicators will no longer display persistently bad ("red") quality after a user's connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
    • The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user's live connection quality
*Addendum
  • We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
  • Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset
The following is a preview of changes that will take effect on May 19th, 2015 on or soon after 10AM PST with the manual activation of House of Wolves.
hot_fix.jpg

Destiny Hot Fix - 05/19/2015
1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.
PVP
General

• Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
  • Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
  • Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
  • Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 100%
  • Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
  • Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
  • Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)
Iron Banner
  • Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
  • Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
  • Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
  • Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
  • Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner
Tower
  • The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)
  • Daily Heroics will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
  • Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1
User Interface
  • The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD
Technical
  • Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
    • Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
    • This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

Last edited:
Since this update I noticed Eris now makes a comment in the Omnigul Strike when you use your Ghost to open the door about halfway through that I don't recall pre-update.

Since this update I noticed Eris now makes a comment in the Omnigul Strike when you use your Ghost to open the door about halfway through that I don't recall pre-update.
yes, been there since TDB if you mean the humorous one.

App is better too.Quicker menu to add and remove items from vault.

Some blue engrams work but not all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom