Latest deals at your local Richer Sounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhalliday

Standard Member
Reaction score
...in now or coming soon:

Yamaha DSPAX620 £199

Sony STRDB1070 £299

Sony DAVS500 £349 multi-region

Toshiba SD120 £99 multi-region

Toshiba SD220 £144 multi-region

Sony DVPNS305 £149 multi-region

Sony DVPNS700 £199 multi-region

JVC XVSA72 DVD-A £249 multi-region

Marantz DV4100OSE £249 multi-region

Yamaha DVDS520 £179 multi-region

Pioneer DV656 £329 multi-region

JVC THA10R £549 multi-region

Sony DVPNS900 £249 multi-region

LG 42" plasma £2499

Toshiba 42 " plasma £2999

Panasonic PW5 plasma £3299

NAD L55/L75 £599 multi-region

Aiwa 5900 Nicam VCR £79

Marantz SR4200 £199

Denon AVR1602 £219

Denon AVR1802 £249

Nakamichi AV10 £299

Arcam AVR100 £299 (graded)

Philips DVDR880 £399 (ltd. stocks)

When is the Panny 5 plasma going to be making an appearance then???

any dates

Thanks for the info, very intereseted. Are the 5 series Pannys silver and can you get the new stand and tuner (TUPTA600) and when?. Thanks again.:)

Yes, they are silver AFAIK. Should also be able to get the accessories - just notify your local store when placing your order.

Excellent. What is AFAIK? I have purchased lots from Richer Sounds and have always been pleased. Can I double check that they are UK models and what warranty comes with them and is it extendable. Thanks.
:D

AFAIK = as far as I know

UK models - yes, from PUK

warranty - an extra 2 years (total 3 years) is £249

Great news. I will contact my local store. If as I assume you work for Richer Sounds let me congratulate you on coming on here. As a customer who likes toys having someone on here to give you great info is very beneficial and will generate sales for your company, so well done.:eek:

Thanks for your comments Dave. Correct - I am the RS Director of Purchasing, and I've been monitoring these boards for a while. It's useful to find out what's actually happening out "in the field" from a customer's perspective (perception being reality and all that). Sometimes it's disappointing to find out that people are having difficulty locating stock of lines that I know are plentiful in our warehouse, but are clearly not in some stores, so I intend acting on any info I glean from this forum.
Cheers,
Nick

Originally posted by nhalliday
Thanks for your comments Dave. Correct - I am the RS Director of Purchasing, and I've been monitoring these boards for a while. It's useful to find out what's actually happening out "in the field" from a customer's perspective (perception being reality and all that). Sometimes it's disappointing to find out that people are having difficulty locating stock of lines that I know are plentiful in our warehouse, but are clearly not in some stores, so I intend acting on any info I glean from this forum.
Cheers,
Nick
That's excellent news. You probably want to put your title in your signature so that everyone knows your affiliations.

Cheers,
Liam

Have you any info on the new amps coming out, for example when you will have them and how much. I am interested in the 1603/1803 and the new 300 series from Marantz. Not sure whether to wait or just buy a 1602.

thanks for any help

Ian

10/10 Nick, I was going to go elsewhere for my Panny 5 but thanks to your input here Richer Sounds have made a sale. Do you have any definite dates for stock on the screen and accessories (PW5, tuner and stand) or is it just soon.
Cheers

I'm really nervous about ordering another plasma cos I'm worried there'll be a problem pixel on it and if there is there's not a lot you can do about it (even quite a few pixels lit or dead can still be considered in spec and hence not covered by warranty). At least Joe from The Media Factory has said he does a visual inspection before sending them out, ok no guarantee it's going to arrive in the same condition but better than nothing. I assume such an inspection isn't possible when buying from RS?

Cheers,
Andy.

When I spoke to Pana the tech guy assured me that they will swap a unit with ANY stuck live pixels but it's something like 4+ dead ones. I did post in the tvforum in the summer if someone wants to trawl.

Nick,

Good to have you here. I've had some dealings with my local RS in Kingston and have been very pleased with the service so far.

Can you confirm whether and when you expect to stock the Toshiba 520E and what price you will be setting? There is another thread on the DVD forum that suggests your price will be £299, yet RGB Direct appear to be selling at ~£230 multi-region.

Thanks
Phil

In response to various points raised:

1. Dead pixels - mmmm, a tricky one. We can only be guided by what the individual mfr's policy is. Unfortunately, it's not normally feasible to try out the actual product prior to purchase (as those who have seen the size of our stores will understand :) ). However, if it is faulty according to the mfr's conditions, then we'd have no problem swapping it.

2. Higher resolution Panasonic PW5 - I just spoke to Panasonic, and they are not aware of its existence. They think it may be a commercial model? If so, then I don't envisage us stocking it.

3. PW5 availability - we have a small qty (three I think) in our warehouse now, which are currently unspoken-for. A much larger qty is scheduled to arrive first half October.

4. AVRxx03, SRx300 - I'm sure that we will be stocking them, but I don't have dates at present. We are currently selling AVR1602 at £229, AVR1802 at £249 and SR4200 at £199.

5. SD520 - I'm expecting stock in the next few days. I can't confirm the price yet, however, as always, we guarantee to be the cheapest!

Got to go now - I'm out of the office until Tuesday, so please forgive me if I don't respond immediately to any further postings.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick,
Speakers. In paticular Mission 77c1. I have used the Kingston branch often also and found them very helpful - however, I have been promised a 77c1 in Rosewood for a few months with no joy. Do I stick with my cherry one or hold out hope for a rosewood? I really want to get it up and running but have been told that if I leave it boxed, they'll exchange IF rosewood one's come in...

Sorry Bri - I've checked with all our stores, and with Mission, and it doesn't sound likely that there will be any more RW ones coming in. I'd never say never though, sometimes things turn up at stocktakes, etc. Probably best to use the one you have already, and I'll keep an eye out for a RW one. If one turns up, of course we'll swap it over for you. Another option might be a 78C? Let me know by email if you're interested...

Nick,

Any chance you'll be stocking the bigger Denon amps ? I'm thinking in particular of the AVC-A11SR

Allan

Nick

Any Idea as to when you'll have the Phillips Pronto Pro Remote (Colour) version back in stock?

Del:)

Nick i am interested in a sony dvpns900 can you tell me when they will be in stock at that price.
thanks

...answers to various questions:

1. DVPNS900 - I reckon about 2 - 3 weeks

2. Pronto Pro - unlikely we'll get any more due to very low volumes

3. AVCA11SR, etc. - no plans at present, but if a deal comes up...

Cheers,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom