1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest deals at your local Richer Sounds...

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by nhalliday, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...in now or coming soon:

Yamaha DSPAX620 £199

Sony STRDB1070 £299

Sony DAVS500 £349 multi-region

Toshiba SD120 £99 multi-region

Toshiba SD220 £144 multi-region

Sony DVPNS305 £149 multi-region

Sony DVPNS700 £199 multi-region

JVC XVSA72 DVD-A £249 multi-region

Marantz DV4100OSE £249 multi-region

Yamaha DVDS520 £179 multi-region

Pioneer DV656 £329 multi-region

JVC THA10R £549 multi-region

Sony DVPNS900 £249 multi-region

LG 42" plasma £2499

Toshiba 42 " plasma £2999

Panasonic PW5 plasma £3299

NAD L55/L75 £599 multi-region

Aiwa 5900 Nicam VCR £79

Marantz SR4200 £199

Denon AVR1602 £219

Denon AVR1802 £249

Nakamichi AV10 £299

Arcam AVR100 £299 (graded)

Philips DVDR880 £399 (ltd. stocks)

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When is the Panny 5 plasma going to be making an appearance then???

any dates

3. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awaiting first delivery from Panasonic - expected any time now...

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, very intereseted. Are the 5 series Pannys silver and can you get the new stand and tuner (TUPTA600) and when?. Thanks again.:)

5. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, they are silver AFAIK. Should also be able to get the accessories - just notify your local store when placing your order.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent. What is AFAIK? I have purchased lots from Richer Sounds and have always been pleased. Can I double check that they are UK models and what warranty comes with them and is it extendable. Thanks.
    :D

7. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK = as far as I know

UK models - yes, from PUK

warranty - an extra 2 years (total 3 years) is £249

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great news. I will contact my local store. If as I assume you work for Richer Sounds let me congratulate you on coming on here. As a customer who likes toys having someone on here to give you great info is very beneficial and will generate sales for your company, so well done.:eek:

9. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your comments Dave. Correct - I am the RS Director of Purchasing, and I've been monitoring these boards for a while. It's useful to find out what's actually happening out "in the field" from a customer's perspective (perception being reality and all that). Sometimes it's disappointing to find out that people are having difficulty locating stock of lines that I know are plentiful in our warehouse, but are clearly not in some stores, so I intend acting on any info I glean from this forum.
    Cheers,
    Nick

10. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    That's excellent news. You probably want to put your title in your signature so that everyone knows your affiliations.

Cheers,
    Liam

11. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How's this?

12. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Looks fine to me, Nick.

And it's interesting to see plasmas dropping to a price point that I could almost justify one...

Cheers,
    Liam

13. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you any info on the new amps coming out, for example when you will have them and how much. I am interested in the 1603/1803 and the new 300 series from Marantz. Not sure whether to wait or just buy a 1602.

thanks for any help

Ian

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    10/10 Nick, I was going to go elsewhere for my Panny 5 but thanks to your input here Richer Sounds have made a sale. Do you have any definite dates for stock on the screen and accessories (PW5, tuner and stand) or is it just soon.
    Cheers

15. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any News about the Higher res Panny and Pricing

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really nervous about ordering another plasma cos I'm worried there'll be a problem pixel on it and if there is there's not a lot you can do about it (even quite a few pixels lit or dead can still be considered in spec and hence not covered by warranty). At least Joe from The Media Factory has said he does a visual inspection before sending them out, ok no guarantee it's going to arrive in the same condition but better than nothing. I assume such an inspection isn't possible when buying from RS?

Cheers,
    Andy.

17. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    When I spoke to Pana the tech guy assured me that they will swap a unit with ANY stuck live pixels but it's something like 4+ dead ones. I did post in the tvforum in the summer if someone wants to trawl.

18. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,

Good to have you here. I've had some dealings with my local RS in Kingston and have been very pleased with the service so far.

Can you confirm whether and when you expect to stock the Toshiba 520E and what price you will be setting? There is another thread on the DVD forum that suggests your price will be £299, yet RGB Direct appear to be selling at ~£230 multi-region.

Thanks
    Phil

19. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In response to various points raised:

1. Dead pixels - mmmm, a tricky one. We can only be guided by what the individual mfr's policy is. Unfortunately, it's not normally feasible to try out the actual product prior to purchase (as those who have seen the size of our stores will understand :) ). However, if it is faulty according to the mfr's conditions, then we'd have no problem swapping it.

2. Higher resolution Panasonic PW5 - I just spoke to Panasonic, and they are not aware of its existence. They think it may be a commercial model? If so, then I don't envisage us stocking it.

3. PW5 availability - we have a small qty (three I think) in our warehouse now, which are currently unspoken-for. A much larger qty is scheduled to arrive first half October.

4. AVRxx03, SRx300 - I'm sure that we will be stocking them, but I don't have dates at present. We are currently selling AVR1602 at £229, AVR1802 at £249 and SR4200 at £199.

5. SD520 - I'm expecting stock in the next few days. I can't confirm the price yet, however, as always, we guarantee to be the cheapest!

Got to go now - I'm out of the office until Tuesday, so please forgive me if I don't respond immediately to any further postings.

Cheers,
    Nick

20. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,
    Speakers. In paticular Mission 77c1. I have used the Kingston branch often also and found them very helpful - however, I have been promised a 77c1 in Rosewood for a few months with no joy. Do I stick with my cherry one or hold out hope for a rosewood? I really want to get it up and running but have been told that if I leave it boxed, they'll exchange IF rosewood one's come in...

21. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Bri - I've checked with all our stores, and with Mission, and it doesn't sound likely that there will be any more RW ones coming in. I'd never say never though, sometimes things turn up at stocktakes, etc. Probably best to use the one you have already, and I'll keep an eye out for a RW one. If one turns up, of course we'll swap it over for you. Another option might be a 78C? Let me know by email if you're interested...

22. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Nick,

Any chance you'll be stocking the bigger Denon amps ? I'm thinking in particular of the AVC-A11SR

Allan

23. Del

Del

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Nick

Any Idea as to when you'll have the Phillips Pronto Pro Remote (Colour) version back in stock?

Del:)

24. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Nick i am interested in a sony dvpns900 can you tell me when they will be in stock at that price.
    thanks

25. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...answers to various questions:

1. DVPNS900 - I reckon about 2 - 3 weeks

2. Pronto Pro - unlikely we'll get any more due to very low volumes

3. AVCA11SR, etc. - no plans at present, but if a deal comes up...

Cheers,
    Nick

26. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Nick - Any details on these?

27. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just woundering if richer sounds in nottingham can get me a NAD C370 for £345 as a price match from www.audiovisiononline.co.uk

reply asap if possible,

thx

28. John Watts

John Watts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Nick, Hi and thank you for being here and offering your help-it is nice to have a human interface between consumers and richer sounds other than in the actual stores.

First of all,and as ever your special offers look really good value however at the risk of sounding cheeky do you know any of your stores where we can actually buy them. I called into my local RS store this week 4 times with this months catalogue in hand, it was my birthday last week so i have a few quid burning a hole in my pocket.

I want some new speakers on two fronts,

1, some for my pc (hence not too worried about quality just a nice looking set for my computer room).

2, A pair of floorstanders.

So i asked about 3 items for the pc and also 4 different pairs of stereo speakers that are currently advertised-none were in stock.
    Ok with money in my pocket i switched stratergy and asked if you guys had any Philips DVDR880's (also currently advertised) nope none of them either.

So again i reverted back to your sept/oct/02 catalogue and thought oh well if i cant get what i want then i'll do a bit of early xmas shopping,i thought my little nephew would be overjoyed with the Wharfdale PP1 picture frame speakers (i would have been when i was a lad).
    Guess what-nope sorry sir none of those in stock. "Ok well how about the amazing Panasonic speaker deal £59.95 for all 5 speakers" (the lads going to be made up with these when i give him my old Denon pro logic amp as well for xmas-another one hooked on home cinema for sure)

Erm no sorry sir none of those either. You could have knocked me down with a feather when i left that shop,i tried to purchase 10 items and they had NONE of them-not one.
    Now call me cynical but is it not true that when you go into a RS store you can pick up great deals for sure but never any of the good stuff you advertise in your current press releases,and please stop the staff offering the usual patter like" this product is just as good sir if not its better" i wonder why those are always Eltax/sherwood/cambridge etc.
    I'm sorry to be so in your face with this Nick but surely you can see why i have a bee in my bonnet 1,2 even 3 but 10 items not in stock is taking the mickey.
    I hope your not offended i just wanted to express my feelings and look forward to your reply,
    Regards,John.

29. nhalliday

nhalliday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

Thanks for your post - I'm not at all offended by your constructive comments, in fact I welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, so hopefully we can put things right.

It's really frustrating to hear that so much of what we have advertised seems not to filter through to our stores. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as:
    (i) Advertising copy deadlines being 6 - 8 weeks before on-sale date
    (ii) "Confirmed" deals mysteriously not arriving (especially after the supplier sees the price we are going to advertise ;) )
    (iii) Deals selling faster than expected
    (iv) Plain and simple poor stock control by the store manager (i.e. he/she does not order any/enough of a particular line)

To answer specifically the models you mention:

Philips DVDR880 - we had an order for 500pcs confirmed by Philips in August, and since then we have received a total of 50pcs. I have heard two unofficial lines from Philips as to the reason for them being unable to deliver the stock they promised, but I have to take the fifth on them. The official line is that they have been such a success that they have simply sold out, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of stock at retailers who sell it at £499 - draw your own conclusion. I have just heard that we should receive a further 200pcs in the next few days, but who knows. I can confirm, however, that we have a good quantity of DVDR890 in stock now at £479.

Panasonic SBHEP20 - as I write this, my EPOS screen is showing 1376 sets in stock (including its black-finish identical twin, the Technics SBHTS250). Clearly my point (iv) above applies - let me know the store concerned and I'll kick the manager's a**e!

Wharfedale PP1 loudpanels - we are expecting a container of 450 sets to arrive 17/10 - allow an extra week or so for them to get to the stores.

If you let me know the other models you are interested in, I'll try to give you the latest info on those as well.

Thanks again for your comments - I'm as frustrated as you are, as every lost sale hits me where it hurts most - the pocket!

Cheers,
    Nick

30. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,

Great to have such open feedback.

Do you have any news on the Toshiba 520 DVD player? I understand stock is starting to filter through to some retailers and believe at least one forum member has taken delivery of one from LEConcepts.

Regards,
    Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.