Latest 24 boxset Prices

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Day 5 is the same price at Play, where you can use Quidco and get about £1 rebate, or you can use RPoints at Amazon.co.uk, your choice which.

Though it's probably worth noting that Day 5 will most likely be a fair bit cheaper come release day.

sdb123 said:
Not that I found....I ordered Series 1 - 4 from Amazon Jersey on Wednesday and they arrived this morning.

Steve

What packaging type did you get? Last time I saw the discs, they were in digipacks.

I still haven't ordered these yet. If I order one a week until I got the first four, will they all be in the same packaging? I saw season 4 today in a digistack (same as Alien Quadrilogy).

nwgarratt said:
I still haven't ordered these yet. If I order one a week until I got the first four, will they all be in the same packaging? I saw season 4 today in a digistack (same as Alien Quadrilogy).

I can't say for certain what AJ's set will be like, but for what it's worth, I bought them all last month - 3 from CD-Wow and 1 from SendIt - and they were all in "digistack" packaging (plastic book-style case inside thick outer slipcase).

I think all of them are like that now, and have been for a while.

But there may be other case differences, as my S2 and S4 had the old BBFC logo, while S1 and S3 had the Irish logo with it. The S2 set also had the 24 logo on the spine slightly higher than the other three.

I'll add a pic in a sec to show you what I mean.

Excuse the less than spectacular quality:

Some case spines may not match up:

I'm not sure if all sets were like this or if there were older sets that synched up and newer sets with a slightly different layout that synched up and I just got one older one or something.

Maybe someone else can confirm, or someone who bought them all from Amazon Jersey?

However, if you switch them around on the shelf (normally I hate seeing people do this for some weird reason)... :

They line up and look a damn sight nicer. I'm hoping that S5 holds the same pattern now.

Maybe Amazon have newer stock than CD-Wow had though and this is just the product of older stock with different layout that won't affect you.

Thanks SGR2005.

I will order the first one in a few days.

How do you rate the programme itself? I didn't watch the first series but did watch season 2. I have only seen a couple of episodes of season 3.

nwgarratt said:
How do you rate the programme itself? I didn't watch the first series but did watch season 2. I have only seen a couple of episodes of season 3.

I felt Season 1, which which was essentially Nick Of Time stretched to 24 hours, was quite overrated, but entertaining, mostly thanks to Kiefer as Bauer (and Elisha Cuthbert showing up in tight shirts never hurts). After that things get a lot better.

So far, for me anyway, they seem to follow the Star Trek movie rule that the even numbered seasons are far superior to the odd.

It picks up a lot after season 1, which is really slow to start and takes some profoundly silly turns. Season 2 is really great stuff, as you'll know, and while 3-5 aren't as good, they're not far behind, and are consistently entertaining despite being slightly repetative.

Well worth a buy, especially at that price.

hmm i disagree there, i thought series 1 was great, series 2 was ok, series 3 was good, series 4 was ok and series 5 was the best so far!!

Seasons 1 and 2 were both stunning and amongst the finest tv i've ever seen (and i'm sure a lot of peeps will agree).

S3 was good, S4, possibly the weakest.

Judging by most of the comments about S5 i can't wait:thumbsup:

IMHO..... :)

Season 1 was brilliant (though a few hiccups while they ironed out the story once the full 24 episodes were commisssioned)
Season 2 was a refinement, and the best
Season 3 was not so good (awful first half)
Season 4 was also not so good
Season 5 was back to the heights of Season 2 (without the silly Kim b-stories)

I decided to order just season 1 at the moment. I will see how I get on and decide to get the others.

Amazon Jersey also now have season 2 for £16.97 as well.

edit. I don't believe it. It has been posted already !!

I got it today. It is a digistack as I hoped. If I do carry on and get the rest, I hope they don't change to slim cases for the fifth season. Both my Las Vegas and BSG has gone from digistack to slim cases for season 2 (by the picture from Amazon for BSG).

edit.

Two of the discs have marks around the centre hold. They look like cracks but maybe just marks as I don't think they go through the layers of the disc. I had a hell of a time with cracked Trek discs a while ago and don't want to repeat it. Has anyone had this with 24 discs?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom