Late Show Theater with a HS20 in Ireland

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vicbarry, Nov 1, 2004.

1. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not sure if this is the best spot but last Saturday (Oct 30) I got the last piece of conduit stuck on and the carpet was finally laid.
    [​IMG]

The room isnt huge, just 10x8. Although I do have a small rack room (which was originally to be an ensuite bathroom) which stores all the dvds and amps etc.etc.
    [​IMG]

I knocked a hole through the wall which houses the projector. Im still waiting on fitting the final 3 seats though. You can see the whole thing, from start to finish over at everyones home theater.com.
    [​IMG]

We also had our house warming that Saturday night, and it gave me a huge thrill to have people walk in to the room with their mouths open and grab a seat. When the lights went down and Van Helsing roared into action there were cheers to be heard. People were genuinely impressed. I felt like a proud father.
    [​IMG]

There are loads and loads of pics on my site, it takes a while to load, but please drop by.
    [​IMG]

So thanks to all of you great folks on here for providing me with answers and most of all inspiration. Thank you

2. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Me being a Kilkenny man and you being from Cork, I hope you realise how much saying the following hurts...

That setup looks amazing. Any more pictures?

3. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent work Vic. Man, I wish I could paint our living room black. I tried asking herself, but it was a non-starter. LOL

Have fun with your setup!

4. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    comer, you can see the full construction (!) pics on my site. Im toying with the idea of painting the side walls and the rear wall half blue. Dont know yet. Probably wont though :boring:

www.everyoneshometheater.com

5. homethx

homethx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Nice work :smashin: How did you make the logo for your memory stick,great idea that. :clap:

6. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Homethx, Photoshop for the logo. The PJ shows it fine, but the DVD player (a Sony 725) loses bits at the edges. Thanks

7. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Vic,

The pictures in your post above don't do the project justice..... the ones on your site tell a great story - well done :smashin:

Could you tell us the dimensions of the room (excluding the equipment room) and how wide the three cinema seats are ? Neat job to get your hands on those..... :D

It's purely a matter of taste, but I rejected the option of an "all black" treatment for my own room - thought it would be too oppressive, but when the pj is fired up I dare say that's what you concentrate on.... ;)

Regards,

Sean G.

8. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers Sean. The cinema / theater room is 10(length) x 8 (width). The 3 seats are about 5 feet. I have another 3 on the way. I was cagey about the whole black option and still am, but between the seats, lighting and the carpet it adds a bit of life to it. I may still paint half of the walls a shade of blue, to match the seats.

9. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice work Vic,Love the seating where did you pick those up from?

looking for some myself but would like recliners

Will be very cool with the other 3 in there...party time

10. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My room is 13x8, and I went for two black leather Lazeboys (sp).... we discussed having a three-seater with recliners on each end, but went for two singles in the end... verrry comfy :clap:

Sean.

11. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    monkeee, they are from an Imax cinema. The one that closed down in Dublin.
    Sean, I was thinking of the recliner option as well, particuarly from Argos and their 16 day money back guarantee. I was trying to way up the pros and cons of keeping with a real cinema and a home cinema enviornment. Ive been using those seats for about a year now and they're comfortable enough.