Lastfm subs on the squeezebox boombox

sheppy124

I have just purchased the boombox, and its the muts nuts, however as ever you always want a bit more out of it. Love the mp3tunes locker app, may get a nas server for it at a later date (cost factor at the moment for that). However last fm full subs payment for 12 months seems reasonable, however what will it allow you to do on the squeezebox, will it let you play play lists etc. Can not find alot of info about it, just about scobbling:confused: that doesnt make much sense on first reading.

Any info would be grateful.

THKS

Sheppy

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
You would be better off just using the free Last.fm service and getting a sub with Napster. TBH, the last.fm sub does not nice you any real benifits, look on their site for info on what it gives you.

gavan

Novice Member
I have just purchased the boombox, and its the muts nuts, however as ever you always want a bit more out of it. Love the mp3tunes locker app, may get a nas server for it at a later date (cost factor at the moment for that). However last fm full subs payment for 12 months seems reasonable, however what will it allow you to do on the squeezebox, will it let you play play lists etc. Can not find alot of info about it, just about scobbling:confused: that doesnt make much sense on first reading.

Any info would be grateful.

THKS

Sheppy

You can play your custom channels (eg. favourites, my radio, recommendations, neighbours), channels based on tags, etc.

I think it should let you play your playlists, TBH I haven't actually used that feature myself. Will check it out when I have a chance.

Squeezebox is a great way to play last.fm - just like with downloaded/streamed video played on a device connected to your telly, it makes a big difference when you don't need to stream your music through a computer. I use it a lot to listen to my favourites and also it's great to just have it stream songs by tag, based on my mood at the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom