• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Last week's Japan sales

onkeh

Novice Member
DSL - 147,025 (+8.3%)
Wii - 65,120 (+5.9%)
PSP - 32,147 (-5.1%)
PS3 - 21,321 (-12.2%)
PS2 - 12,545 (-1.9%)
Xbox360 - 2,112 (-21.5%)

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

I'm surprised the PS3 managed over 20k again, I guess people really like Golf games in Japan :)

D

doorhandle

wow DSL are really shifting units.

But please NO ONE start comparing ps3 sales with hand helds. Its only competitors are 360 & WII (just).

Might as well compare ipod sales against home cinema systems, i.e completely irrelevent.

(thats not directed at you Onkeh btw, those are interesting stats on their own :) )

Lonely_Warrior

Novice Member
The Nintendo Money Printing Machine (NMPM) continues....can anyone stop it? Final Fantasy XIII where are you?????????

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Nintendo must be making a fortune, selling the cheapest to make machines, at a decent price and selling bucket loads.

mightymaccers

Novice Member
How the mighty have fallen. I remember these updates in the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era and it was the complete opposite, I just could not believe how many PS2's Sony used to shift each week whilst the Gamecube lagged miles behind (I remember all the Ninty fanboys saying how it was because the PS2 was unreliable of everyone needed to buy replacements). It certainly looks like Nintendo's domination continues and it is happening world-wide.

Whilst it's nice to see Nintendo back on top, as a gamer I am not in favour of their current strategy (although I bet their shareholders are). I miss the Nintendo of old that made great games aimed at gamers like me, not party games aimed at my Mum and her friends - I love my PS3 as it is home to games that I want to play but I just hope that the success of the Wii does not have a negative impact on that, if all of the software houses suddenly started to make these 'non-gamer' games because of the lucrative revenue opportunities it would be a pretty sad time for us old gamers.

Lonely_Warrior

Novice Member
Nintendo used to be my favourite company simply because of their 'samurai' spirit. No matter what the competition did they went their own way and never faltered from that line, no more so than the N64 era. This may have left fans with withered 3rd party support but it also produced some of the greatest games of all time (ocarina/mario 64 etc). I think the hardcore at least were satisfied. They now seem to have 'sold out' and whilst people may laugh and say that they are a corporation and have always just thought about profit, there was an undeniably arrogant samurai charm in their business conduct. Oh well, that's all gone to hell now so bring on Wii Fit so mamma and papa can play with little Jimmy and Susan....:thumbsdow

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
Nintendo used to be my favourite company simply because of their 'samurai' spirit. No matter what the competition did they went their own way and never faltered from that line, no more so than the N64 era. This may have left fans with withered 3rd party support but it also produced some of the greatest games of all time (ocarina/mario 64 etc). I think the hardcore at least were satisfied. They now seem to have 'sold out' and whilst people may laugh and say that they are a corporation and have always just thought about profit, there was an undeniably arrogant samurai charm in their business conduct. Oh well, that's all gone to hell now so bring on Wii Fit so mamma and papa can play with little Jimmy and Susan....:thumbsdow

To be fair, most of the truly great N64 games were Nintendo made and thus they'll be getting updates on the Wii. Many forget that there was one hell of a games drought in the early N64 days. Give the Wii a bit of time and i'm sure it'll manage to cater to all markets.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom