Last Samurai

Thunder

Novice Member
Anyone got a copy of the above yet, whats the PQ / Audio like?
Im waiting to get the R3 from cdwow.

avolee

i cancelled my region 3 version from wow, they informed me there are no english subtitles during the japanese speech in the film.

tony kop77

I have got the region 1 version and the sound and picture is very good, no dts though.

inzaman

I have ordered the R1 version, glad the picture and sound are fine shame about the lack of dts though

E

Edgler Vess 200

Originally posted by avolee
i cancelled my region 3 version from wow, they informed me there are no english subtitles during the japanese speech in the film.
:mad: :mad:

Should I cancel to ?

Can anyone tell me if there are a lot of japanese speech parts ?

or

Are those parts just for a few seconds ?

thanks

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
As far as I can remember there were quite a few parts with Japanese speech. I wouldn't risk it :suicide:

Tardis

Just watched my R1 and there is quite a bit of Japanese speech and without the subtitles, you will miss half the story and at the end you'll be left wanting. imo.

Ger

Novice Member
avolee, just wanted to clear something up. do you mean that there are no english subtitles in the film whatsoever, or that there is not an option for english subtitles that only appear during the Japanese speaking parts? If its the former, I will cancel mine tto, if its the latter I can live with it!

avolee

from what the e-mail said there are no subtitles during the japanese speaking sections as on the cinema, you would have to turn on the subtitles at the begining and watch the film with them on all the way through(or turn them on with the remote if your player allows). having subtitles on all the way through the film would ruin it though i think

inzaman

I'd agree it would spoil it, personally i wouldnt get the r3 version. I have gone for the r1 version due to the subtitle issue.

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Got the region 1 version on saturday.

Picture quality is superb when viewed through my DVD/PJ set up.

Top notch - simply wonderful to look out. Possibly the most filmic transfer I have seen in a long while.

Sound is v. good to, although as mentioned earlier DD 5.1 only.

Cap :)