last question today i promise.. returning faulty item and postage.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
my saitek x55 is broke. it is 15 months into a 2 year warranty.

the retailer has said to deal with the manufacturer

saitek have said i can sent the complete package to them for inspection, but it must be insured with proof of postage at my own cost.

I was under the impression that the retailer would be liable for any and all postage costs however there seems to be a lot of contradicting info on this.... hell even the CAB have a lot of broken links etc

should i just suck it up and pay the around £15 to return it to saitek

DeanE

Distinguished Member
In answer to your heading, how about a 'Mike and his many questions' thread? :)

Alternatively though, you could put this post in the thread you created regarding your damaged HOTAS, it keeps everything in one place especially for anyone watching that thread to see how you are getting on with events related to it.

In answer to your question though, you could chase this but it would only delay the repair/replacement of the throttle, so personally, I'd just pay for the postage myself to draw a line under it so it can be sorted out ASAP.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
lol sorry I forgot I have posted about the x55 already.....

that makes sense however.

Thanks

RidleyDeckard

Actually the advice you have been given is wrong. According to the 1977 sale of goods act, your contract is with the retailer and not Saiket. They are the ones responsible for fixing the X55 and they then have their own contact with Saiket to get their money back for fixing / replacing the controller.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom