Last problem-One or 2 (Keffs)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gadjet, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    After good advice from Ian J on my last problem of mixing speakers I have decided not to mix and have ordered 6 Keff (eggs) speakers and will sell my Tannoy Mercury. This is because for EX+ES set up they will be too big at the back of the sofa. Where with the Keff I will get away with it with a little move forward of sofa only when a EX-ES film is on. And they wont look as bad on a back wall.

Now the problem is that I need 7 for best use of THX with my Pioneer AX-10 from what I have read. But where I am buying them from (Sound and Vision) only sell them in pairs and it wouldnt make little if any difference with only having one as two as a centre rear . Keff will be selling one at a time but if they are, where? and finally would it make that much difference having 2 centre rears to 1 centre rear using satelites in a small room (13ft by 12ft) to buy that extra one.

Thanks for all your help so far, nearly there now to having full kit.
    Phill