Last Of Us Multiplayer - any fellow newbies?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Three of us have just started playing this, currently £14.39 for PS+ members for Last Of Us on PSN Store and seeing as I never played the multi on PS3 I thought was worth grabbing and seeing what the fuss was about.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...PlayStation+-+Brand+-+UK&EMCID=GM300000_store

We're only level 1 and 2 so pretty clueless, but seems like a fun game and something different multiuplayer. Hoping to find some other fellow noobs to link up with as we keep getting matched up against level 600+ odd players and not the easiest way to learn the ropes:laugh:

On most evenings, usually any time between 8:30ish to 11ish(much later Sat and Sundays). Anyone fancy joining for some light hearted games?:hiya:

Last edited:

Nozey

Used to love this MP, had a complete loss of inclination to play or buy PS4 games though, maybe when the clocks go back and it's dark and cold I'll feel like playing games again....

Craig8718

The problem with playing in a party right from the off, is that you have to join lobbies with only other parties - therefore they'll all be pretty well organized with comms etc with a fair bit of experience. Your probably better playing solo for a couple of weeks so you join lobbies with no parties therefore the game will better match you against some lower level players until you's get the hang of the game. Theirs a bit of a learning curve to begin with but stick with it, thoroughly enjoyable MP in my opinion!

NewfieDrool

Banned
Had some good games last night, takes a bit of getting use to and the match making is hit and miss but in all its good fun when you get level players on the server.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
@Craig8718, that does sound good advice. We got split up a couple of times and seemed to get easier opponents then. Although I don't tend to lone wolf as my main reason for playing is having a bit of fun with my online buddies, so will just have to grind my way up the hard way

Had some good games last night, takes a bit of getting use to and the match making is hit and miss but in all its good fun when you get level players on the server.
Yeah, we managed some good games come the end, especially the last one. Definately a great game in there when you can avoid the elite players, and should get easier when we unlock some better stuff ourselves.

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
Lee, I've not touched it online. May have a go if i'm on when your around.....

amardilo

Distinguished Member
If anyone is interested The Last of Us Remastered is currently £9.99 on CDKeys (you get 5% off that too if you like them on Facebook).

It says the region is US not sure if that effects match making or anything but from what I understand games should be region free.

UPDATE: US account required to redeem code

Last edited:

Craig8718

If anyone is interested The Last of Us Remastered is currently £9.99 on CDKeys (you get 5% off that too if you like them on Facebook).

It says the region is US not sure if that effects match making or anything but from what I understand games should be region free.
You need to have a US PSN account to redeem the code and download the game.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Lee, I've not touched it online. May have a go if i'm on when your around.....
Cool, would be good to catch up with you Myles. I completed the single player on PS3, but multiplayer really is very different, really good and has a slight hint of Gears multiplayer to it(can even have 4v4 with only a single life each per round). If you see us in party just jump on in.

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
Cool, would be good to catch up with you Myles. I completed the single player on PS3, but multiplayer really is very different, really good and has a slight hint of Gears multiplayer to it(can even have 4v4 with only a single life each per round). If you see us in party just jump on in.
Will do. I've got hooked on destiny again but will look out for you on line and jump in.

mose72

I like factions, usually play solo. There are a couple of guys on here I played with but we got rolfstomped quite a lot. What are your psn ids?

Mine is Jmose72.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I like factions, usually play solo. There are a couple of guys on here I played with but we got rolfstomped quite a lot. What are your psn ids?

Mine is Jmose72.
Mine is same as my AVF. Will add you later. There's now a team of four of us most nights, would be brilliant if we could get a full 8 players of similar skill level for private games, it's tough going against the high level organised players.

mose72

Nice one. Tbh it's why I play solo. With two in a team and a couple of randoms up against an organised 4man it can be brutal.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
I've just ordered a copy of this from The Game Collection for £14.95 delivered, so another newbie will be online over the weekend [emoji106]

salparadise

I'd like to get involved with The Last Of Us online, had bit of a dabble but not played it a huge amount.

My PSN is sal-paradise if anyone wants to join up and play.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
I've literally only just started the campaign. I'll jump online once I've played the campaign a little more. There's a free DLC map pack available on the PS Store if you're interested.