"Last of the summer wine" is excellent PQ

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Hmm, after all the moaning that I normally do about VM, I have to say the PQ on this prog is absolutely stunning, given that I'm watching it on SD.

I know this programme is filmed in HD, but why is it so good?

A decent bitrate?

More of it :thumbsup:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Even the BBC news is really good quality :thumbsup:

Someone has definitely upped the bitrate :smashin:

I noticed this on a sunday too, a few months ago.

teejay38

Novice Member
You might also have noticed the excellent PQ of the Rugby World Cup matches on ITV. Looks as if they might have been recorded with HD cameras. Slight consolation for the lack of HD channels on Virgin to have such good quality origination for SD broadcasts.

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
I've always felt that when watching SD you could see the difference between what was and was not orginally filmed in HD.

Last of the Summer Wine is shown on BBC HD too!

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
You might also have noticed the excellent PQ of the Rugby World Cup matches on ITV. Looks as if they might have been recorded with HD cameras. Slight consolation for the lack of HD channels on Virgin to have such good quality origination for SD broadcasts.

Yes, I heard about that.
Flaming ITV, still can't even do widescreen footy, can they?
I don't know as I never watch it.

meltonboy

I was thinking last night that BBC HD is not quite as "knockout" as it was last year (world cup, planet earth, proms etc), and this seems to coincide with a drop of bit-rate.

However, i do wonder if my eyes are just getting used to it :)

Maz21

Standard Member
Hmm, after all the moaning that I normally do about VM, I have to say the PQ on this prog is absolutely stunning, given that I'm watching it on SD.

I know this programme is filmed in HD, but why is it so good?

A decent bitrate?

More of it :thumbsup:

You'll be suprised how many programmes have been filned in HD. My friend works for Metro Broadcasting and they have been hiring out HD cameras for years!

You're missing out not watching in HD!

I was in the US last month and had 150 HD channels on cable, stunning! Came home and ordered a V+ box.

Great viewing last night, primetime BBCHD....Last of the Summer Wine!

Wish I had gone for Sky HD like my brother, at least he is getting 12 HD channels!

andyUK101

The picture quality on the England Vs RSA game last night was awesome

First time i have watched a sporting event on Virgin in SD (just moved and cant have Sky) and i was really impressed

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom