Last day of the summer holidays

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was the last day of the summer holidays for us. Poor Dylan has to go back to school tomorrow, and I have to go back to work. (both of us are secretly looking forward to it though.) However, having 3 weeks free paternity leave over the summer has been a blast, we've had a lot of fun - and it leaves me with 5 weeks holiday to take in the next 6 months. :cool:

Anyway, to eek it out to the last, we went for a pre dinner walk on the beach for a bit of energy sapping puddle jumping.

Not big into photography but the light effect off the sun is qualiteee :thumbsup:

Nice shot.
I'd imagine that was a seriously tricky exposure? Anyway, well done - you've got it just right :thumbsup:
I'm guessing a bit of fill-flash? But how much? Where do you meter etc etc.?

Excellent shot Liquid. The red boots plus the shadow makes the image.:D
dingle

I'd imagine that was a seriously tricky exposure? Anyway, well done - you've got it just right :thumbsup:
I'm guessing a bit of fill-flash? But how much? Where do you meter etc etc.?

Metered off the sky to get maximum detail, then knocked it down an extra stop for good measure. Used the built in flash to fill in the little fella - had to be careful though, the lens hood on the 12-24 is so large it blocks out at least half the flash. Luckily, Dylan was having a great time and was oblivious to me firing away. I did take 4 or 5 before he wandered off to play in the sand, the one I posted was the best of the bunch.

Just 60 seconds later this bloke walked into frame, so I was nicely set up for this shot.

super shots especially the 1st. the 1st looks like it's 2 different pics and dylan has been super imposed onto it, it's a great effect :thumbsup:

Quality scott:smashin:That first shot is really something..frame it as a momento of your summers adventures together..

I wish I had 5wks to take:rolleyes:

Scott....you shot of Dylan has to be one of your BEST......it's fantastic

That is a really great shot - energy, light, movement it's got it all.

A great momento of your time spent bonding.

I dont often comment on a lot of the photos on here, mainly because they all really good and my opinions seem somewhat superflous.

I would say there are probably a dozen really excellent top notch photograhers on here, probably a couple of dozen more who are really good at their craft and the rest of us who like taking pictures and somehow never
seem to reach the same level, occasionally coming up with a really good photo but on average pretty much everyday sort of photos and aspire to be better by learning from our peers, but we all enjoy what we do, regardless of our skill levels.
I think that this is probably the only photo forum that indulges, makes welcome and encourages every skill level and thats how i manage to stay on here, (any other forum would have blackballed me by now:D)

Oh, back to the point of this post, Mr Liquid sir in my humble opinion that photo with your son on the beach is one of the best i have seen on here.:clap::clap::clap:

Hi ya

That one of you son is spot on, it really should be a wall hanger in your home.:thumbsup:

By the way 2nd ones top class as well.:smashin:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Very good shot. Good use of fill flash, and I like the action & obvious enjoyment your son is displaying which is well captured. Good bit of metering as well to get the detail in the sand too. You should frame that on your desk or in the hall so everyone can see it when they come into your house.

Looks like your flash couldn't quite reach for #2 :rotfl:

I can only echo what everyone else has said Scott. The 1st one is superb, you should frame it and treasure it. I'd never thought about using fill-in flash in situations like that, will have to try that myself (although I doubt i'd do as good a job as you did though).

Excellent shot.. :smashin:

It does look a bit superimposed but it clearly isnt.. That is the effect of fill in flash and the fact that the shot was metered for the sun , not the son (pun unintended):)

As has been suggested.. one for framing:thumbsup:

I dont often comment on a lot of the photos on here, mainly because they all really good and my opinions seem somewhat superflous.

I would say there are probably a dozen really excellent top notch photograhers on here, probably a couple of dozen more who are really good at their craft and the rest of us who like taking pictures and somehow never
seem to reach the same level, occasionally coming up with a really good photo but on average pretty much everyday sort of photos and aspire to be better by learning from our peers, but we all enjoy what we do, regardless of our skill levels.
I think that this is probably the only photo forum that indulges, makes welcome and encourages every skill level and thats how i manage to stay on here, (any other forum would have blackballed me by now:D)

Oh, back to the point of this post, Mr Liquid sir in my humble opinion that photo with your son on the beach is one of the best i have seen on here.:clap::clap::clap:

Bodo .. that is a lot of comment.. from someone who doesn't:D
It is also very astute
I assure you that saying an image is great ( and why) is never superfluous just because someone else has said so just before you.. Even the more accomplished like Scott .. can use encouragement as we all lose " the will to try" from time to time ( I do a lot!:blush: ), despite owning the kit..and having a bit of time

Thanks for your post

Nice link. that . awesome photos of all genre

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom