For Sale LAST CHANCE! Peerless PRG-UNV PJ mount. Complete with ceiling plate and tube.

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by kbarnes70, Jun 20, 2017.

1. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    PJ now sold.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    NOW REDUCED!!!
    Price slashed from £185 to £115. Thanks Atomicus for pointing out that other PRG-UNVs have sold for a lot less than my earlier asking price. At £115 including the ceiling plate and the pole, this now represents a really good bargain for someone.

For sale is my Peerless PRG-UNV Projector Mount, tube, universal spider and ceiling plate. In excellent condition, all gears, mechanisms, moving parts etc perfect.

This universal mount comes complete in 4 separate parts:
    • The mount itself
    • The optional extra ceiling plate
    • A 20cm (detachable) tube
    • Universal 'spider' for mounting to PJ body
    • Also included are the user manuals for the mount and ceiling plate
    Normally you have to buy the ceiling plate and tube as 'extras' but these are included in the sale.

Peerless is probably the finest manufacturer of projector mounts, and the PRG-UNV provides a rock-solid mounting platform for your PJ. The PRGS Series Projector Mount greatly simplifies the way image alignment is done. The precision gear design allows exact pitch and roll image positioning by either simply turning two adjustment knobs with a Phillips screw driver, or using the tool-less option by extending the knobs to adjust by hand. Just set the precision gear to the desired position to secure it in place – it will hold its position even during projector maintenance. It will not shift during projector maintenance, bulb replacement, and will not loosen or change alignment due to vibration, accidental bumping etc. With Peerless-AV’s PRGS Series Projector Mount, just set it and forget it. No more adjustment screws. No more micro adjustments. No more hassles.

The first (stock) image below shows the mount without the pole, for flush fitting to the ceiling. The other photos (my own) show the mount with the pole in place.

Features include:
    • Two adjustment knobs to control tilt and roll image alignment and accurately hold image position, virtually eliminating any sag or drift
    • Specifications: Pitch: +15°/-20° Roll: ±5° Swivel: 360° (during installation)
    • Pre-installed security screws provide optional tilt and roll lock to prevent tampering and adjustments
    • Low profile design allows projector to be flush with the ceiling (tube removed)
    • Open frame assembly provides easy cable routing through the projector mount itself
    • Quick release mechanism to easily service projector
    The mount is in excellent condition and represents a good saving on the new price for all 4 components. The user manuals are attached for download. Reason for sale: in my new HT the PJ is shelf-mounted.

Price and currency: £115
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: PayPal F&F or BT
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

[​IMG]

2017-06-20 16.33.14.jpg

2017-06-20 16.35.00.jpg

2017-06-20 16.33.23.jpg

2017-06-20 16.33.54.jpg

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Changed advertisement to include Epson TW9200 projector, now for sale.

4. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I am interested in the Epson TW-9200. Would you be able to comment on how it would compare against the Sony HW45 regards general picture quality and black levels? Thanks.

5. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Thanks for your interest.

I have no direct experience of the Sony HW45 unfortunately. All projectors involve some sort of compromise. Some have better blacks but poor motion handling, some have average blacks but limited light output, some have a good throw ratio but poor horizontal and vertical shift and so on and on.

So the trick is to find a PJ that ticks the boxes you need. The Epson 9200 has a lot of benefits and is a very highly regarded PJ (see Steve Wither's review linked above). Black levels are excellent, the PJ has loads of useful features, motion handling is good and if you use frame interpolation in Low mode, excellent. Light output is phenomenal - it is a real 'light cannon' and can be used in non-blacked out rooms and still yields an acceptable image quality. It also has fabulous vertical and horizontal shift (better than any other I can think of) and this makes it a doddle to set up. Images are sharp and often gorgeous.

The 9200 is a superb PJ IMO and IME and I wouldn't even be thinking of selling it if I hadn't opted for a 2.39:1 screen in my new HT. This means I need an automated way of changing aspect ratio and the new Epson 9300 offers this via motorised lens settings and memory slots. If I didn't need that now, my 9200 would not be for sale!

I cannot imagine you would be at all disappointed with the picture quality or black levels on this PJ. And mine comes with approx 3 years 18 months manufacturer warranty remaining and I fitted a new (genuine Epson) bulb about 200 hours ago (not that it needed one but I am a finicky sod) and the original bulb, which is still very serviceable will be included with the sale, to keep as a backup.

I was doing some setting-up in my HT this morning and was just blown away by the PQ this unit gives. I was watching U-571 and the image was crisp and sharp, the blacks deep and satisfying, skin tones perfect, detail resolution excellent. I really couldn't fault it.

HTH. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Thanks for that. Any issues with dustblobs? I had read about those being an issue. Have you used it for gaming at all, if so how was it?

Would you consider £1200 plus delivery?

7. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    No dustblobs. I haven’t used it for gaming but I expect it would be OK.

I will take £1200 plus delivery if you can wait a week, which is when my new PJ will be available for me. Any good?

8. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    No rush at all. What would delivery be? I am on south coast, PO10 postcode.

9. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Hope you don't mind me asking but would you go to £1150 if I collected? I am a bit wary of the courier process, just in case. It is a six hour round trip for me, but would feel better about collecting in person.

10. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    I do have the original packaging, and all the polystyrene etc, which is designed for transit. After all, it came all the way from Japan or China or wherever it's made in that packaging. And I always send everything fully insured. Up to you of course, but it's a heck of a journey for you. Not quite sure why you'd knock 50 quid off though for collecting it?? :(

If I send it by insured courier, the delivery cost would be no more than £20. So the deal would be £1200 plus £20. Or, by all means collect it for £1200.

If you did decide to collect, I would be happy to give you some lunch and a demo of the new HT. :)

11. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    OK, that's fine. Net cost to me would be about the same either way with petrol (approx £50), and I enjoy a drive, but no problem at £1220.

12. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    OK - then we have a deal. Let's move to PM and sort out the details.

Thanks very much - a nice, straightforward transaction.

13. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    BTW, meant to add, if you really do want to come and collect it, that's also fine by me of course. :)

14. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    EPSON 9200 STILL FOR SALE AS BUYER (ATOMICUS) HAS RENEGED ON AGREED DEAL.

15. Atomicus

Atomicus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I do apologise, as I did in my message to you, but I hope you understand my reason. Emblazoning my name in orange and in size 100 font suggests perhaps not however. I initially took your word that this projector was OK for gaming, only to subsequently find it wasn't and that some users reported headaches using it for such purpose. I am aware you didn't use it for gaming yourself however, so I am not at all suggesting you deliberately mislead me. I should have done more research beforehand, so lesson learned. Anyway, no hard feelings, I just felt your reply here suggested you weren't very happy with me as you never replied to my PM. GLWS.

16. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Forum rules state that a an agreed sale is a sale. I haven't reported it to the Forum Admin, so let's leave it at that.

BTW, I didn't say the 9200 was suitable for gaming or 'give my word'. I said I had never used it for gaming but 'expect it would be OK'. Hardly an endorsement of its gaming capabilities.

17. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    EPSON 9200 UPDATE.

I have now added 4 photos of the PJ to the first post in the thread so you can see the absolute pristine nature of the PJ for yourselves. Plus a photo showing the original lens protector in place which ensures safe transit in its original packaging.

The PJ is a real bargain for someone - it comes with the original packaging, a virtually unused remote and about 18 months warranty remaining.

Someone is surely going to snap this up??

18. baldyhed

baldyhed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I've got an Epson 9000w that I bought here a short while ago, but if this had come up I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. I'm thinking about trying to sell my 9000w quickly and taking this off your hands, but if I do, knowing my luck I'll sell it at a loss and then someone else will buy this and my search will begin all over again...!!

19. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Thanks! I honestly think this is as good as a 9200 could possibly be, short of actually being new. I do look after my gear as any of my previous buyers will happily tell you (see feedback) and I am sure that this will be a great buy for someone.

I hope it is still for sale if you do decide to go for it. :) I like to buy good quality, well-cared-for gear myself if possible and I know I would have been totally delighted to find a PJ like this. Of course, when I was looking, none came up so I ended up buying new - but this will be a terrific PJ upgrade for someone.

20. slay

slay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How many hours on the lamp please ?

21. baldyhed

baldyhed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    About 200...

22. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    As baldyhed says - about 200. The old lamp is included in the deal as a spare - it is still a serviceable lamp, but I'm a fussy sod so I replaced it. The 200 hour-ish lamp in the PJ is, of course, a genuine Epson replacement.

23. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Receipt for new bulb, fitted end of March 2016. My old HT was dismantled in June 2016 in preparation for house sale.

Epson lamp receipt.jpg

24. slay

slay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you - just reading reviews and measuring to see if it will suit my room.

25. Ideal AV

Ideal AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,346
    someone needs to snap this up as it really does look like a new one

also i supplied it to Keith when new so can vouch for him as being 100% genuine and honest

Allan

26. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Thanks Al!

27. kbarnes70

kbarnes70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Let me know if I can give you any more info. I am away all weekend but will be checking in via mobile now and then.

28. Nobbler

Nobbler
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,845
    Sorry mate offer withdrawn for time being...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  29. slay

slay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Never bought anything from a forum before so apologies in advance if I'm asking things that seem none sensical.

Can I ask a couple of questions please, how old is the unit. I'm assuming you have had it a while as its on its second lamp as you indicated in the thread.

Is everything included, original box - instructions and 2 pairs of functional glasses etc ?

Is the warranty registered and is it transferrable ?

Are you willing to take payment via standard Paypal and not F&F, I only ask as Paypal F&F or BT offers no buyer protection - I'm just nervous of sending over 1K to a unknown to me party. Would be a lot more comfortable if you would effectively drop by 3.4% to accommodate normal Paypal fees.

Apologies if I have caused any offence as it was certainly not my intention.

Regards

30. Ideal AV

Ideal AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,346
    may i just say that Keith is as trustworthy a chap as is possible to be, you'll have no fear trading with him that i can assure you

i supplied the pj to him and it was registered according to Keith's email on 28th Nov 2013 and the warranty stays with the unit not the owner

if it makes it easier i could act as a contact whereas you send me the money as an assured advertiser, bearing in mind you don't know he either, and then Keith can send or you collect the pj and then Keith will get the funds

i'll just say though you can trust Keith 100% and the pj will be mint with everything it came with when new

Allan