1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last chance for Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by greyhorse, Apr 24, 2005.

1. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Last Chance For Plasma

After several posts, more trips to AV shops and more time researching than when I purchased my last car.................enough is enough.

Im waiting for the new 42" HD panny to come out next month and if it doesnt make me go wow and yes I want one Im not going to bother !!!!!

Yes I want a big TV but my Current 32" CRT JVC intariart gives a great picture and Im not going to just have a big screeen if it doesnt come close to what I have already(FOR PICTURE QUALITY)

If you were upgrading a hover, car, PC and spending thousands you would expect it to perform better than the model you were in fact replacing.
    So lets hope the Panny rocks my boat OR iM JUST GOING TO WAIT A FEW YEARS.

IM EVEN THING OF LOOKING AT THE 36" CRT PANNY FOR QUALITY.

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I have a panasonic PW6 and I think it looks better then my new 28" jvc in the bedroom.the jvc hasent been setup like the plasma but the picture is better on the plasma. Plasma's reveal what is really there and shows todays digital tv for what it is, garbage in garbage out. Have you seen a panasonic setup with good connections?. im using a rgb to vga converter and it looks brilliant on good cable channels alot better then 32" crt's I have seen around mates houses.

If you want to get a good setup spend your budget on a plasma monitor and put a scaler in.. or wait for the new HD panasonic viera and see what that is like.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the fact its 4" deep is what most people see as a big upgrade factor its like going from a 2 seater car to people carrier..............but get a proper demo of decent source on a decent screen

4. NickHack

NickHack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm exactly the same Grey horse. I've been trawling these forums for weeks, probably nearer months now. When I first came across these forums, a complete noob I was within mins of buying the Pioneer MVE-1. Since then I have dabbled with the PW6, then the PW7. Next up I discovered the differences and decided I'd be better with a PWD7 and now, almost on the brink of buying it but continually nagged by the fact I risk it being outdated in a few years, I'm waiting on reviews on the PV500.

It's not the ease of buying my cr**** flast screen Bush 28" for £200 from Makro two years ago!!

5. Greybloke

Greybloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just think of the extra space you will liberate in your living room, the cheepest way to home improvement!

6. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I'm in the same boat as many of you... for the last week i've been gaging to get a 32in LCD TV, trawled forums, reviews etc... went to many shops but failed to find anything that made me go yep thats the one, i work in the video broadcast industry (designing video processing equipment) so know what a "good" picture should look like, and sadly no LCD has had that..... so today i took the girlfriend out and she went straight to 37 in Plasma's and said "why don't we have one of those, looks much better than a 32incher" i was like :eek: ......... :D if you help to buy it and she was happy too :smashin: ... so we looked at all the 37in plasma and the new Panasonic TH37PE50B with its cabenit stand looks the biz, only prob was future proofing.. no HD (need 720p50 at minimum) :thumbsdow but then i found out about the PV500 and I was in heaven... can't wait for it to come out next month :boring:

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I had the same JVC TV only 28", and I can honestly say after having the Viera for about 3 months now and its all settled in nicely, the PQ on my Plasma is leaps and bounds better than the my old JVC 28". Im very happy with it and know I made a good choice. I didnt get to see one properly set up before buying due to where I live, but had Currys, Comets ect all set a DVD player up for me on variuos models to give me some idea, then went elsewhere to buy it.

8. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'd definitely wait to see how the PV500 pans out, but the PE50 CAN do 720p/50. It just doesn't have HDMI/HDCP, so most SKY HD stuff won't work - unless there's some simple way of bypassing the HDCP (no necessarily legal)...